• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

need kitchen INVENTORY list

JudyPH

To shop owners here.... i was wondering if you have a list of equipment, supplies and tools needed for baking and cake decorating. I need to build a completely new kitchen that would primarily be used in making coffee shop cakes and birthday/wedding cakes.

An overseas investor is interested in bringing my business abroad and they need me to send an inventory list asap so that we could do initial costings. Hope you can share your list with me.... or is there a list i could check online?

Thanks!

Judy

Since you have an existing business, why don't you make a list of the equipment that you currently are using and start from that? If you post what you already have maybe people can chime in and tell you what they would add to the list.

Don't waste your time or time will waste you - Muse

actually, i'm making cakes now from my home kitchen and i'm kind of insecure that i may not have all the "professional" stuff that a commercial kitchen should have.

you can see my work at www.thecakeartist.ph

Judy

• 12 years later...

In another thread there was some discussion about maintaining an inventory list of the stuff in your freezer. This is my new solution:

454709648_20200326_1138091.thumb.jpg.3b607628e7ebc35f74e7ebb2ada20dbd.jpg

I adjust quantities as I pull things out, then update and reprint after shopping.

Edited by Porthos
added text for clarity (log)
  • Like 1

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Took the time recently and did the same with our chest freezer.  The thing is a PITA to find stuff in sometimes, so not only did we inventory, but put a bit of a 'map' concept in it as well!  Now tell me, EG - what to cook!? ;)

Top Crate Quantity   Hanging Basket Quantity   Side Top Quantity
Pulled Pork Dinner 1   Tomatillo salsa 1   IceCream  2
Pork White Beans 1   Garden Tomato 4   Amanda/Kyle Lunch 3
Corn bits - frozen 2   Roasted Poblanos 1      
Pepper/Tom/EP Chut 3   Corn - Frozen bits 1   Ground Beef - 1lb 3
Salsa Verde 1   Ramp Oil     Short Rib Burgers - (2/pk) 2
Smoked Pea Soup 1   Kyle/Amanda Lunch 4   Waffles (6) 3
Chicken Stock 1   Frozen Mango Bag   Smoked Stock lg 1
Leek & Potato Soup 1   Mixed Frozen Berry Bag   Tortillas (20) 3
Choc Cookies Bag 1   Frozen Blueberries Bag   Egg Muffins - lunch  5
Smoked Turkey Bones Bag            
Chicken Thighs (8) 2            
Amanda/Kyle Lunch 1            
Beef Stock 1            
Pizza crust              
Coffee              

Bottom Crate Quantity   Bottom Under Basket Quantity   Side Bottom Quantity
Apple Cider 3   Bag of Ramp Leaves 2lb      
Duck Fat 1   Ramp Oil '2019 (bag) 9   Corn - Frozen bits 1
Extra Lg Mush Stk 1   Mixed Frozen Berry Bag   Smoked turkey stock SM 2
Beef Stk 1   GF Bread  4 loaves   Corn Stock 2
Tomato Water 1         Fish Stock 1
Chicken Stock 2         Apple Cider 4
Mushroom Stk sm 1         Lg Turkey Stock 1
Fish Stock 1         Ramp Soup 1
Ramp Oil 9         Chicken Stock  2
  • Like 4

We've done a similar thing with our wine fridge, which holds about 200+ bottles.  Each shelf is numbered, and we have a spreadsheet sorted by color, region, sub-region, producer and vintage.  Very fast and easy to find something specific.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

We've done a similar thing with our wine fridge, which holds about 200+ bottles.  Each shelf is numbered, and we have a spreadsheet sorted by color, region, sub-region, producer and vintage.  Very fast and easy to find something specific.

LOL. 

I laugh, stemming from some of our chats - I used to have a big 250 bottle fridge, then I moved, and had kids, I now have a 45 bottle island wine fridge with a case or two in the cold room.  Money seems to go elsewhere these days.

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, TicTac said:

LOL. 

I laugh, stemming from some of our chats - I used to have a big 250 bottle fridge, then I moved, and had kids, I now have a 45 bottle island wine fridge with a case or two in the cold room.  Money seems to go elsewhere these days.

:P

What's funny is that much of our collection wasn't purchased (at least by us)!  Years ago, when my wife was taking wine education classes, we would hold a weekly tasting group in our apartment so that she and some of her fellow students who she became friendly with (and me by default since I live here too and like to learn) could study wines from a different region each week to be able to do a really deep dive.  Many of the people who came were very appreciative of us opening our home like that and would constantly bring gifts.  And also, through other stuff, wineries would send us wines directly... so we've got that going for us... which is nice...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KennethT said:

What's funny is that much of our collection wasn't purchased (at least by us)!  Years ago, when my wife was taking wine education classes, we would hold a weekly tasting group in our apartment so that she and some of her fellow students who she became friendly with (and me by default since I live here too and like to learn) could study wines from a different region each week to be able to do a really deep dive.  Many of the people who came were very appreciative of us opening our home like that and would constantly bring gifts.  And also, through other stuff, wineries would send us wines directly... so we've got that going for us... which is nice...

Sweet gig!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TicTac said:

Took the time recently and did the same with our chest freezer.  The thing is a PITA to find stuff in sometimes, so not only did we inventory, but put a bit of a 'map' concept in it as well!  Now tell me, EG - what to cook!? ;)

Top Crate Quantity   Hanging Basket Quantity   Side Top Quantity
Pulled Pork Dinner 1   Tomatillo salsa 1   IceCream  2
Pork White Beans 1   Garden Tomato 4   Amanda/Kyle Lunch 3
Corn bits - frozen 2   Roasted Poblanos 1      
Pepper/Tom/EP Chut 3   Corn - Frozen bits 1   Ground Beef - 1lb 3
Salsa Verde 1   Ramp Oil     Short Rib Burgers - (2/pk) 2
Smoked Pea Soup 1   Kyle/Amanda Lunch 4   Waffles (6) 3
Chicken Stock 1   Frozen Mango Bag   Smoked Stock lg 1
Leek & Potato Soup 1   Mixed Frozen Berry Bag   Tortillas (20) 3
Choc Cookies Bag 1   Frozen Blueberries Bag   Egg Muffins - lunch  5
Smoked Turkey Bones Bag            
Chicken Thighs (8) 2            
Amanda/Kyle Lunch 1            
Beef Stock 1            
Pizza crust              
Coffee              

Bottom Crate Quantity   Bottom Under Basket Quantity   Side Bottom Quantity
Apple Cider 3   Bag of Ramp Leaves 2lb      
Duck Fat 1   Ramp Oil '2019 (bag) 9   Corn - Frozen bits 1
Extra Lg Mush Stk 1   Mixed Frozen Berry Bag   Smoked turkey stock SM 2
Beef Stk 1   GF Bread  4 loaves   Corn Stock 2
Tomato Water 1         Fish Stock 1
Chicken Stock 2         Apple Cider 4
Mushroom Stk sm 1         Lg Turkey Stock 1
Fish Stock 1         Ramp Soup 1
Ramp Oil 9         Chicken Stock  2

Would you maybe be interested in trading freezers? 😁😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

Would you maybe be interested in trading freezers? 😁😉

I agree that @TicTac's freezer contents are enviable.  For some reason, I'm more entranced by this one 🙃:

20 hours ago, KennethT said:

• Haha 5