• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rita's Ices

Anonymouze

There are 2 Rita franchises owned by Joe. I went to the one opened in Ashburn VA about 2 miles in from Route 7 the next big plaza after Ashbrook common on the same street that feeds off of Route 7.

Rita's Ice is a great chain of Ices IMHO and I went to this one the day after it opened; the owner was very warm and endearing and I had forgotten that the Ices were "real".

I was in my picky mood so I had ordered a cherry ices forgetting that it had pieces of real cherry in it which I gently scraped off my spoon or picked out while enjoying the flavor of the soft delicious red ices! YUM! :wub::wub::wub::laugh::wub::wub::wub:

Next time I'll get a slush so I won't have so much to pick at. I strongly recommend going here and saying "HI Joe" to the owner/manager and getting a delicious Ice or Slush or Gelati or... well you get the idea!

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Rita's is one of my favorites. I've been to many from Maryland to Pennsylvania, and it's a treat. Good to know that the quality and experience are consistent across franchises.

David aka "DCP"

Amateur protein denaturer, Maillard reaction experimenter, & gourmand-at-large

Is this the same as Rita's WATER Ice? Or as we say here in Philly, Wooder Ice. If it is, you're in for a treat. Rita's has really good water ice. I particularly like the lemon and mango flavors.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Is this the same as Rita's WATER Ice?  Or as we say here in Philly, Wooder Ice.  If it is, you're in for a treat.  Rita's has really good water ice.  I particularly like the lemon and mango flavors.

Certainly is. Peculiar name, but the same product. (Their website - beware of annoying music)

A gelati with passionfruit ice and vanilla custard was a favorite of mine some years back.

David aka "DCP"

Amateur protein denaturer, Maillard reaction experimenter, & gourmand-at-large

• 3 weeks later...
I tried it last week and I didn't really like the ice cream itself all that much.  I want to get back and try just an ice though.

Yeah - that was a mistake. I'm addicted now. But the fruit flavors only.

Ya' know, they sell it in a gallon container. :blink:

Bill Russell