• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Too Many Dried Persimmons

SheenaGreena

my mother gave me way too many dried persimmons and I don't know what to do with them. I've been keeping them in the fridge (in a plastic bag) for about a month now and I've only eaten 2 so far. I need to do something with them, because well I don't like the way they taste now. They tasted way better a while ago.

Do you have any suggestions on how to use them for cooking? Can I keep them in the freezer? Do you have any asian inspired recipes for using them?

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

how about if I chop them up and braise them with some pork belly? does that sound kinda gross? I bet it would be good smeared on some sort of meat - chicken maybe. I'll take some SIMPLE sweet ideas if you have any...Im horrible at baking

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA