• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's four times more exciting than kissing ?

What's four times more exciting than kissing ?

Click On Me

Chocolate contains a number of substances that give 'natural highs', including phenylethylamine, which is produced by the body when people are in love, and theobromine. It also contains caffeine.
:wub::wub:

I'm not suprised that letting chocolate melt on your tongue is more arousing than kissing your SO, in a typical office setting, while researchers in lab coats with white clip boards look on.

I wonder if the study would have obtained the same results if the participants were hooked with portable monitors, and then measurements were taken remotely, while they were kissing their SOs in their normal setting.

The fact that I find fault with this study is in no way negated by the fact that sometimes I sit at my desk and quietly enjoy a peice of chocolate. There's no way that kissing someone could be so discreetly enjoyed.

"Nothing you could cook will ever be as good as the $2.99 all-you-can-eat pizza buffet." - my EX (wonder why he's an ex?)

My eGfoodblog: My corner of the Midwest

What about kissing four more different people and forget the chocolate?

Rich Schulhoff

Opinions are like friends, everyone has some but what matters is how you respect them!

• 1 month later...
I'm not suprised that letting chocolate melt on your tongue is more arousing than kissing your SO, in a typical office setting, while researchers in lab coats with white clip boards look on.

I wonder if the study would have obtained the same results if the participants were hooked with portable monitors, and then measurements were taken remotely, while they were kissing their SOs in their normal setting.

The fact that I find fault with this study is in no way negated by the fact that sometimes I sit at my desk and quietly enjoy a peice of chocolate.  There's no way that kissing someone could be so discreetly enjoyed.

Yes,I agree, normal setting is important. But, so is normal way. I wonder if the results would have been the same if they had kissed in their prefered fashion :hmmm:

Edited by Naftal (log)

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)

The fact that I find fault with this study is in no way negated by the fact that sometimes I sit at my desk and quietly enjoy a peice of chocolate.  There's no way that kissing someone could be so discreetly enjoyed.

Um, what about putting a piece of chocolate on his tongue and THEN kissing him? Bet that would've sent the monitors off the charts..

:wub:

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous