• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Disney - "Sceney" and good cocktails

Boo

So: we are planning a family trip to Disney and Grandma has happily offered to babysit the small one a few evenings so we can go out. After a day of crowds, heat and Disney, Disney, Disney, Mommy and Daddy will be looking forward to going somewhere with a good scene, no kids, tasty cocktails and food. Lounge-y would be nice, with good music (Latin?). Love sushi and just about anything except chains. Unfortunately, we won't have a car, but we could cab it. Expense not an issue. Please help, thanks!

Victoria's and Albert's is the best restaurant on the disney property, its in one of their hotels. It is a very quiet, romantic fine dining setting. The drinks, wine and food were all amazing.

For servicable cuban food with really good drinks and music is Bongos (i think that's the name) again, on Disney's property. Its a chain but really good at this location.

-Mike & Andrea

• 2 months later...

This may be too late but I love the lounge at Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The best south african wine selection by the glass I have ever seen. Not too busy though but great for these wines that, at least here in Toronto, I never see anywhere else.

officially left egullet....

• 5 weeks later...

Not too late, thanks! We have rescheduled our trip to April '08 so I am still looking for suggestions. Jiko and Bongo were on my mind anyway, so I'm glad to know they are good spots.

Had a very solid meal at The california grill in the contemporary hotel. - Not a music place but decent sushi. I had some amazing foi gras, the rest of the meal was good. The cool part is its a really good vantage point for rthe fireworks over the magic Kingdom. We had them hold a course and you can go outside on the top of the contempory. Really makes for a wonderful night. Timing of the reservations was key of course. I wanted to eat at Jinko's as was mentioned in one of the posts - looked interesting. We ate a lot of places while at Disney......best service and upscale experience for me was at the contempory - staff actually new what wines would set a dish off etc..... Victoria and alberts was ok ....