• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Travel to Paris

Jean Blanchard

I will be staying in Paris for three night in September at the Hotel Relais-St. Germain. Dinner one night at Le Comptoir and two nights yet to book. The hotel provided me with a list of restaurants in the area that they recommend. Do we agree?

La Cremerie, Le Cafe Constant, Le Baratin, Les Papilles, Chez Michel, L'os a Moelle, Le Troquet, L'Ami Jean, Le Repaire De Cartouche, Mon Viel Ami, and L'Ourcine. Thanks!

Jean

I will be staying in Paris for three night in September at the Hotel Relais-St. Germain.  Dinner one night at Le Comptoir and two nights yet to book.  The hotel provided me with a list of restaurants in the area that they recommend.  Do we agree?

La Cremerie, Le Cafe Constant, Le Baratin, Les Papilles, Chez Michel, L'os a Moelle, Le Troquet, L'Ami Jean, Le Repaire De Cartouche, Mon Viel Ami, and L'Ourcine.  Thanks!

Jean

Well, not surprisingly I'd steer you to our Index that lists threads about the following in the 6th:

Camdeborde’s Snack Take Out

Bouquinistes

Cameleon

Cameleon

Chaumette

Chaumette

Les Cocottes de Christian Constant

Le Comptoir

Ferrandaise

Ferrandaise

Fish

Fogon

La Maison du Jardin

Roger la Grenouille

Sensing

Sensing

For myself I don't think you can go wrong at Le Baratin, Les Papilles, Chez Michel, L'Os a Moelle, Le Troquet, L'Ami Jean, Mon Viel Ami, + L'Ourcine but La Cremerie has just been taken over by a new team and we've had no comments on eGullet yet. I'd add Cameleon, Fish, Maison du Jardin + Sensing too, so many choices, so little time! Good luck.

Edited by John Talbott (log)

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

I will be staying in Paris for three night in September at the Hotel Relais-St. Germain.  Dinner one night at Le Comptoir and two nights yet to book.  The hotel provided me with a list of restaurants in the area that they recommend.  Do we agree?

La Cremerie, Le Cafe Constant, Le Baratin, Les Papilles, Chez Michel, L'os a Moelle, Le Troquet, L'Ami Jean, Le Repaire De Cartouche, Mon Viel Ami, and L'Ourcine.  Thanks!

Jean

Well, not surprisingly I'd steer you to our Index that lists threads about the following in the 6th:

Camdeborde’s Snack Take Out

Bouquinistes

Cameleon

Cameleon

Chaumette

Chaumette

Les Cocottes de Christian Constant

Le Comptoir

Ferrandaise

Ferrandaise

Fish

Fogon

La Maison du Jardin

Roger la Grenouille

Sensing

Sensing

For myself I don't think you can go wrong at Le Baratin, Les Papilles, Chez Michel, L'Os a Moelle, Le Troquet, L'Ami Jean, Mon Viel Ami, + L'Ourcine but La Cremerie has just been taken over by a new team and we've had no comments on eGullet yet. I'd add Cameleon, Fish, Maison du Jardin + Sensing too, so many choices, so little time! Good luck.

Looks like I have a lot of research to do and a lot of eating! Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Jean

The hotel provided me with a list of restaurants in the area that they recommend.  Do we agree?

Jean

I think this is a great list as well and if I had to choose some of my 'favorites' in Paris, many of these would be on that list.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com