• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO roasted corn grits

a supplier for my husbands office brought plate lunches from Zea's...in Lafayette. I thought it was a regular meat and 3's but turns out (after a google search) that it is a chain. I'm not much for driving a couple of hundred miles to check out a chain, but the lunch he brought home was pretty good..normal hot plate. However, he's enamoured, as is his staff, with what I see on their menu is called roasted corn grits. I would have thought is was more of a cornbread 'spoonbread' cassarole with roasted corn and some green onion, some chicken broth..pretty much what we make for the holidays, but with roasted corn instead of shrimp/crawfish/oysters. Has anyone tried this place and know what I'm talking about...? I think I may have obligated myself to trying to replicate it for their next office party. Thanks!

I believe this in the chain your talking about:

Zea Rostisserie and Grill

It started in New Orleans. The same guys behind Semolina came up with this concept. The place is pretty good, but I've never tried the roasted corn grits.

Maybe you could email them and ask for the recipe?

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

Is this maybe close?

Clicky

Honey, I think it might be damn close enough, Thanks! Have you tried it?

edit: the recipe is pretty close to what I tasted, but there is a lack of green onion/chives...I think it's green onions. and I think they put it in a dish and bake a bit, there's a bit of crust on the dish that you don't get otherwise.

Edited by highchef (log)