• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yay! I've got Tom Yum Spicy Sauce!

My friend gave me a small bottle of this...

gallery_48583_4079_129199.jpg

Um, what can I do with it?

Edited by Domestic Goddess (log)

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

My friend gave me a small bottle of this...

gallery_48583_4079_129199.jpg

Um, what can I do with it?

daughter just tried to read the Thai script and thinks it says Thai ka??.....which isn't much help really is it? :smile:

Edited by insomniac (log)

OH. MY. GOD! I love this stuff. I have basically mixed with my Pho soups, stews and steamed dumplings. It adds a spicy-beefy richness to the Pho soup, a delicious after-taste in beef stews and a wonderful tangy-spicy one to steamed/fried dumplings. I'm afraid that this bottle won't last me a week. I'm addicted.

Peter - vodka martini? Sounds interesting! But alas, I don't drink. :)

Ah, well. The world will have to wait a little more for Thailand to have its signature martini.

The soup is a much better idea.

Where did the sauce originate? The box does have Thai on it, but the labeling looks much more Western.

Cheers,

Peter

OH. MY. GOD! I love this stuff. I have basically mixed with my Pho soups, stews and steamed dumplings. It adds a spicy-beefy richness to the Pho soup, a delicious after-taste in beef stews and a wonderful tangy-spicy one to steamed/fried dumplings. I'm afraid that this bottle won't last me a week. I'm addicted.

hmmm let's hope msg isn't the culprit at work... :unsure:

Peter - the label at the back says it is A PRODUCT OF THAILAND. My friend picked it up when he vacationed there earlier this year. Phuket I think.

Takadi - it says that the main ingredient is fish sauce. :unsure: