• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tapas Takeout

bobferdon

I am curious about this.

I can't imagine good tapas being "taken" out.

I can't imagine any restaurant offering tapas as take out food.

I guess my question is: why?

The great thing about tapas is its immediacy from the kitchen to the bar or table.

Reheating small plates would amount to worse than IMOP-- preparing frozen hors d ouvres like cocktail franks or cheese puffs!

in my experience a lot of tapas is served room temperature. most tapas menus i've seen even list "cold" and "hot". i guess i'd stick with the cold for takeout, although i would think that a lot of "hot" tapas would be easily re-heatable, or fine served warm (shrimp with garlic, chorizo, etc).

tapas de espana in englewood and north bergen might be a starting point. i'm sure they'd be happy to package food to go, as are most restaurants.

Tapas de Espana would be my pick for NNJ. I wasn't impressed by the food at Sabor in Hawthorne although it's a good atmosphere for drinks with friends & I did enjoy their sangria.

There is a newish restaurant on Mc Bride Ave. in West Paterson called Spain Tapas. I have yet to hear anything about it. Has anyone been there??

From "up here" Sabor is really the only logical choice unless you pick and choose from a couple of local places like Kopici or ....ummm

Well maybe Lakeland Gourmet will be open in time

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I am curious about this.

I can't imagine good tapas being "taken" out.

I can't imagine any restaurant offering tapas as take out food.

I guess my question is: why?

The great thing about tapas is its immediacy from the kitchen to the bar or table.

Reheating small plates would amount to worse than IMOP-- preparing frozen hors d ouvres like cocktail franks or cheese puffs!

I'm doing a Spanish wine tasting and want to bring some Tapas. My few times in Barcelona shows me that there is many types of Tapas prepared early and is left out almost cafertia style for you to select.

Thanks for the input everyone.

RAF