• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

really good frozen yogurt recipe or technique

cricklewood

Hi, I have been looking for a good method for frozen yogurt for some time. I have looked all over the net and I find that all the recipes and method vary greatly from anglaise based recipes where the milk is substituted for yogurt to other methods where nothing is added to the yogurt except some fruit and it's not even processed in an ice cream machine (seems to me you would end up with a big ass frozen block). I would really like to find out how you guys do it, what methods do you use to yield a really luxurious frozen yogurt.

I don't think doing it custard style would be very nice (that is, i've never done it that way). usually, i use a very thick yogurt or i drain a regular style yogurt. flavor it the way i want to and then add tons of sugar and corn syrup (so that it will freeze creamier) and then process in an ice cream machine.

I don't usually measure ingredients for this as i do it to taste. it should be sweeter than you think as the perceived sweetness will be less when it is frozen (cold molecules don't move as fast).