• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

azucar in j.c.

tommy g

i did a search before i posted this but....we hit the jersey city location in that last snow, ice, sluch storm or whatever you want to call it. i was actually surprised they were open but upon arrival there was a pretty lively crowd there.

we sat and had a pitcher of sangria, incorporating champagne instead of wine....very good

i had a skirt steak...again, enjoyed it thoroughly

when dinner was over, most of the crowd was gone but the owner was more than happy to allow a cigar smoke upstairs (away from bothering any patrons) while they cleaned the restaurant and bar.

im not a review writer nor do i profess to have the gastro-professionalism that many of you do but i thoroughly enjoyed the experience....and it was my first cigar ever!

ill go back and if youre looking for a fun night out or to watch some hot latin women dance...check it out

i did a search before i posted this but....we hit the jersey city location in that last snow, ice, sluch storm or whatever you want to call it. i was actually surprised they were open but upon arrival there was a pretty lively crowd there.

we sat and had a pitcher of sangria, incorporating champagne instead of wine....very good

i had a skirt steak...again, enjoyed it thoroughly

when dinner was over, most of the crowd was gone but the owner was more than happy to allow a cigar smoke upstairs (away from bothering any patrons) while they cleaned the restaurant and bar.

im not a review writer nor do i profess to have the gastro-professionalism that many of you do but i thoroughly enjoyed the experience....and it was my first cigar ever!

ill go back and if youre looking for a fun night out or to watch some hot latin women dance...check it out

I've been meaning to hit this place for quite some time now. Glad to hear you liked hit. So, what's the deal with the upstairs? Is it a cigar lounge? I am always looking for a place to have a nice meal and a cigar.

Thanks.

Eric

Great, and thanks. So, you can sit, hang out, etc. upstairs -- can you order a drink there as well?

I've been to Edgewater numerous times. Some of my early visits there were a bit rough. The upstairs was a so called cigar lounge, but it was nothing more than a small room, a few nice chairs and that's all. No service, had to go downstairs twice to ask for some Coke (I brought my own Havana Club) and when they brought it up it was warm and no ice. Food was great, had fun and would go back. That's why I've been meaning to hit the JC local. Is Edgewater back/still open?

Thanks.

Eric

i don't smoke myself, so i can't say how the service is in cigar lounge. but it looks very nice with glassed cases with humidors and cigar selection . it's nicely furnished and there is a bar counter. i am not sure how busy it gets. the place is on expensive side, but not stuffy. be prepared to pay $15 for a drink. there is a larger bar downstairs. from what i know the place in edgewater is more casual, but i think they remodelled and reopened.