• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Winery Tasting Rooms

Don Giovanni

Craig.

Interested in those bachelor parties to increase business?

I got the answer:

"TOPLESS POURERS"

You'll have to increase the size of your parking area to accommodate all the limmos!

You can probably increase that five dollar for five pours to twenty dollars and allow tips to be placed in the pourers G-strings!

In fact, I bet you will make more money at this than you do making and selling wine!

just a thought!

maybe Oregon just needs a "wine train"--folks seem to love these!

So far I've only used dripless pourers, however if the bottom drops out of the pinot market we may have to consider a change.

There is actual talk of a wine train from Portland to McMinnville, where I guess they would be met by an army of limos. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

In a recent issue of Wine Spectator, they described 12 different wineries in Sonoma and of the 12, 8 of them charged for tasting. The cheapest of these 8 were $5.00 and that was the cost for 5 of them.

Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality. Clifton Fadiman