• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating Dinner in Menlo Park

ALANBF

It's a half way point to meet friends for dinner. Any suggestions other than in mall or chain?

I've always had good meals at an Italian restaurant on Rt. 27 in Iselin, very close to the mall called Casa Giuseppe. It's high end Italian with good food and good service!

Lori

I'm not a fan of LouCas when meeting friends, as the tables are ridiculously close together and its hard to have a social meal with your dining companions. I would second the suggestion of Mie Thai in Woodbridge. There are a few restaurants on Main Street in Metuchen, just south of Menlo Park and right off of Route 1. On a nice night, its also a good area to visit one of the cafes with outdoor seating for coffee/espesso and dessert.

Casey

I'm not a fan of LouCas when meeting friends, as the tables are ridiculously close together and its hard to have a social meal with your dining companions.  I would second the suggestion of Mie Thai in Woodbridge.  There are a few restaurants on Main Street in Metuchen, just south of Menlo Park and right off of Route 1.  On a nice night, its also a good area to visit one of the cafes with outdoor seating for coffee/espesso and dessert.

Casey

AGREED 100%

although i enjoy the food enough to deal with it