• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lime Mint

dockhl

Ever since I read Kitchenmage's blog about her herb garden and the Lime Mint growing there, I have been looking to buy some.

Does anyone have a source for this luscious sounding herb?

(BTW, I have no idea where I got the link to the KitchenMage blog. :huh: Anybody know?)

Thanks~

Kathy

(BTW, I have no idea where I got the link to the KitchenMage blog. :huh:  Anybody know?)

Thanks~

Kathy

kitchenmage posts on eG sometimes. Here's a link to her blog. :wink:

Thanks, Karen. I have the link, which is how I read about her herb garden. Did you post it as a favorite food blog or something? I just don't know how I got it.... :wacko:

Maybe I need to drink less wine?

Maybe I need to drink less wine?

I think the "mage" part of her blogname stands for "magic". Which explains everything, as magic is . . .well, magical.

So do go on drinking. Just raise a glass to magic. (Or, maybe, to the fact that she has her blog link in her sig line, too, which is where you might have found it the first time. :raz: )

As to lime mint, the only place I've ever seen it sold is in gardening stores in little pots to grow yourself.

Sigh.

Someone ought to start a business selling it in bunches. The relative obscurity of it would allow it to demand a lovely high price. :biggrin:

Yeah, grow some in a pot.  It's basically a weed - I love to use it in Asian food where the flavors blend in perfectly.

I'd love to but I am not even finding seeds, let alone plants ! (Hence the post :sad: )

In the same genre I would also highly recommend lime basil. It has a very pure lime flavor. I have used it to make sauces and viaigrettes that call for lime juice without using any lime juice. It is also most excellent in a gin and tonic.

Anyone who says I'm hard to shop for doesn't know where to buy beer.

hi dockhl,

thanks for the mention - even if my appearance in your clickstream was mystical or magical or something - and I'm doubly happy since I don't have any lime mint yet and there are links here! I'm off to shop too. :biggrin: Thanks petite tête de choux for the list. :wub:

On a happy note~

My local nursery ordered both the basil and mint for me! I'll pick them up tomorrow :smile:

Thanks to everyone for their help. I'll let you know what I think. And thanks, kitchenmage, for the inspiration.

Kathy