• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

slowfood.com restaurant listings

hughw

Forgive me if this has already been answered. Several years ago I found restaurant reviews of slowfood restaurants in Italy on slowfood.com. They were in Italian but I managed to get enough info out of them using alta vista web translaor. Today I looked at the slowfood..com website, both the US and Italian version, and couldn't find any listings. Did they remove them (perhaps to sell more books) or was I looking in the wrong place? Thanks.

Are you talking about the Slow Food Osteria guide? If you are, I wasn't aware that it was ever on line. They might be too "Slow" to think about putting it online... :blink:

You might be able to order one thru your local Slow Food people. If you get stuck, let me know, I'll be in Italy fairly soon, and I can send you one.

Yes. the Osteria Guide was online, also guides to cheese shops, wineries, etc.

I think that you had to register and then login to view and I actually found an old email from 2002 where they sent me confirmation of my user name and password and said I had access to "Our PicK" section. Now, I don't even see a place to login on their site.

The slow food guide is now available in English. I just got mine yesterday. I was a little dissapointed that the average price listed is around 30 euro/person without wine that makes over 100 dollars with wine for two.

The amazon link  http://www.amazon.com/Osterie-Locande-dIta...76820781&sr=8-1

Nope, wrong. We just got back from Italy and used the Italian version as our lode star; our posts are on the Rome, Venice, Emilia-R, Tuscany + Umbria threads and pinned threads and a quick scan shows we paid 41-60 E for two with a lotta wine and at least one grappa per meal; trust Slow Food! Try to get that quality/price/product ratio in London/NYC/Paris/Tokyo/etc. And hey, it's just Euros.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

• 5 weeks later...