• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Teensy scoop/disher for making teensy scoops

Priscilla

I have been searching for a scoop or disher that is smaller than the smallest one I already have, the Zeroll #100. I love the way Zeroll works but this is apparently the smallest size they make.

I would like one that is 1/2" or smaller in diameter, to serve tuna tartare and similar in precise teensy servings.

There are melon ballers in smaller sizes, which I will have to settle for in the end if I don't find something else, but would prefer a spring-loaded or gear-driven scoop.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

I have been searching for a scoop or disher that is smaller than the smallest one I already have, the Zeroll #100.  I love the way Zeroll works but this is apparently the smallest size they make.

I would like one that is 1/2" or smaller in diameter, to serve tuna tartare and similar in precise teensy servings.

There are melon ballers in smaller sizes, which I will have to settle for in the end if I don't find something else, but would prefer a spring-loaded or gear-driven scoop.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Norpro makes a 1 tsp disher. I use them to scoop truffles.