• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Aji Sushi, Morris Plains

denise madison

One of my new favorites for sushi is Aji Sushi/Fusion Restaurant in Morris Plains. I have been going there since its opening, I believe it was last fall, and have increased the frequency of my visits since it continues to have great and innovative sushi.

Aji is right on Speedwell across from Ambrosia. Aside from sushi and sashimi al la carte, regular and deluxe, they have great rolls and sushi apps. They also have noodle and other kitchen entrees, but I am there for the sushi.

One of my favorites is a special app called the Treasure Island. It is a whole avocado hollowed out and filled with salmon, tuna and a third ??? fish cubed and covered with a spicy sauce. At $9.95 it is a meal in itself.

We usually find it hard to spend over $40.00 before tip for a meal there, and we usually have a doggie bag to go.

Thanks for the info, I've been meaning to try it. After being told there was a 2 1/2 hr wait at the Sushi Lounge last Friday, I've been looking for a place to go (we went to Ming II which was excellent).

Good to know that Ming II is good. Wanted to try it.

Aji's food is similiar to Sushi Lounge, except it does not have the atmosphere or a liquor license.

After being told there was a 2 1/2 hr wait at the Sushi Lounge last Friday, I've been looking for a place to go (we went to Ming II which was excellent).

Funny--I was at Sushi Lounge (a rarity) last Fri night around 7:30 and we waited less than an hour. The place certainly was packed, though!

Can you tell me where Ambrosia is? Is that near the train station in MP? Thanks!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

After being told there was a 2 1/2 hr wait at the Sushi Lounge last Friday, I've been looking for a place to go (we went to Ming II which was excellent).

Funny--I was at Sushi Lounge (a rarity) last Fri night around 7:30 and we waited less than an hour. The place certainly was packed, though!

Can you tell me where Ambrosia is? Is that near the train station in MP? Thanks!

Aji is across on the same side of the street as the MP train only one block over. Ambrosia is on the Arthur's side of the street directly across from Aji

Great. Thanks!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."