• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fine Chocolate

aguynamedrobert

How could I forget "El Rey". The maker of the best white chocole on the planet! If you want a good white chocolate you must try El Rey's...

When you try their white chocolate(and milk) you can almost literely taste the rain forest(it is the weirdest thing). I have never tasted something like it in any other chocolate I have tried...you must try their milk chocolate and white chocolates. you will not be let down!

-Robert

Chocolate Forum

What does everyone think of Valrhona? I was just told they have two new bars coming out that I really want to taste....I have tried a few of their single origin bars and I was really impressed...Do you guys like this brand?

-Robert

Chocolate Forum

What does everyone think of Valrhona? I was just told they have two new bars coming out that I really want to taste....I have tried a few of their single origin bars and I was really impressed...Do you guys like this brand?

-Robert

Chocolate Forum

In a word, no. I've tried their Manjari 64%, Le Noir Amer 71%, Guanaja 70%, and strongly disliked them all. The Chuao 65% was just so-so.

Edited by merstar (log)
There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

I love all kinds of good quality chocolate...but more than anything, I love to make good chocolate into chocolates...

[Chocolates.jpg

Those look gorgeous and nice packaging too. Is that from Kroese?

Thanks Vanessa and Kerry,

I love making chocolates...it's such a labor of love. (As both of you know.) And, yes the boxes are from Kroese. They are actually a box I ordered a small amount of to see if I liked them. They aren't my favorite...other boxes I ordered are actually more versatile (and just as beautiful)...although these are amazing for certain applications.

Nice to be back, although I'm going to be pretty busy over the next couple of months, so don't know how often I'll be on the board.

Has anyone tried Theo's chocolate from Seattle? I was just talking with a friend on my forum and he had just tried some of theirs...I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about their chocolate?

Robert

Chocolate Forum

so are any of you guys getting ready to go to the "Fancy Food Show" in San Francisco in January.

There is going to be a conference time on January 23rd...the last day of the show about fine chocolate and defining what that is...panelists include....

Gary Guittard (Guittard)

Michael Recchiuti (Recchiuti Confections)

Frederick Schilling (Dagoba)

and a few more....also Pam Williams, of Ecole Chocolat will be the Moderator.

I am going and I hope to see some of you there...If your going give a shout out on here!

Robert

Chocolate Forum

Has anyone tried Theo's chocolate from Seattle? I was just talking with a friend on my forum and he had just tried some of theirs...I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about their chocolate?

Robert

Chocolate Forum

Been to the factory and samples most of them. Some great flavors. Bars and finished candy. Great mouth feel.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I was just informed that the Chocolate Company "Coppeneur" has started to sell in North America. I have samples being sent to me but was wondering if anyone has tried their chocolate yet? Any opinions?

Have a good one everybody,

Robert

Chocolate Forum

Edited by aguynamedrobert (log)

Hello Everyone,

I was just informed that the Chocolate Company "Coppeneur" has started to sell in North America. I have samples being sent to me but was wondering if anyone has tried their chocolate yet? Any opinions?

Have a good one everybody,

Robert

Chocolate Forum

Where are they located Robert?

They are located in Germany and have just made their way to North American in Novemeber and they said they introduced their product at the Chocolate Show in New York.

I have been trying to ask some people in Europe what they think and I have been getting some good and some bad...let me know if you hear anything and I will let you know what i think of it when I get the samples...

Have a good one,

Robert

Chocolate Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here heard of the new chocolate company in Utah named "Amano Chocolate"? Well I was just able to try a sample of their two debut bars that are going public very soon...I have to say that these are two winning bars...stay tuned because this chocolate maker is going to be a good one...

http://www.amanochocolate.com/

Robert

Chocolate Forum