• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chili Infused Lemonade

Schielke

Wow!  Lime and chile are such a classic affinity that chile-spiked lemonade sounds like a natural...a "why didn't I think of that" thing.  Thanks a lot.

(I have had lavender-spiked lemonade as well as lemonade with ginger slices, both excellent.)

ooh I love lavender lemonade so genteel

Chile spiked sounds great I would try a jalapeno infusion it would make a fantastic cocktail..jalepeno infused limeade with tequila...have to give that a try

"sometimes I comb my hair with a fork" Eloise

There's a line of chili-infused sodas (something "... loco") that I've had at Ideya on West Broadway. One of the flavors is lemon/lime, I think. Also raspberry, perhaps.

Sorry to be so vague, but right now my mind is in severe need of food. At any rate, these sodas are GREAT!!!!!

There's a line of chili-infused sodas (something "... loco") that I've had at Ideya on West Broadway.  One of the flavors is lemon/lime, I think.  Also raspberry, perhaps....Sorry to be so vague

Yes, it's Loco. Quite good. Healthy Pleasures on University Pl sells, or used to sell, it.

More here from David Rosengarten http://www.foodtv.com/wine/locosoda/0,6496,,00.html

There's a line of chili-infused sodas (something "... loco") that I've had at Ideya on West Broadway.  One of the flavors is lemon/lime, I think.  Also raspberry, perhaps....Sorry to be so vague

Yes, it's Loco. Quite good. Healthy Pleasures on University Pl sells, or used to sell, it.

More here from David Rosengarten http://www.foodtv.com/wine/locosoda/0,6496,,00.html

I didn't much like Loco. But Lemonade and Chili sounds good.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Ben,

I recently had a similar thing at Cactus (sorry this won't mean anything to non-Seattleites...). It was lemonade with cilantro leaves and a few small pieces of jalapeno. I haven't tried to reproduce it yet, but it was really good. What else was in the one you had?

I found a recipe for 'Indian Style Lemonade' on iChef:

Ingredients

8 c Water

1/2 c Fresh lime juice

2/3 c Fresh lemon juice

1 1/3 c Maple syrup

1/2 tb Freshly grated ginger

1/8 ts Cayenne, optional

Does this sound like what you were served?

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946