• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Culinary School as Team Building

LJC

My company would like to host a Team Building event at a culinary school or restaurant. Ideally we would like to come in one afternoon, have some wine and beer and learn to cook or bake something together. Does anyone know of a school or restaurant that offers this kind of program? CIA offers one upstate but it is insanely expensive, like $7,000.00 for 10-15 people. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx!

I highly recommend ICE. I spent two weeks there recently in classes, and thought the instructors were great. There were a number of team building events going on while I was there, and it sure sounded like everyone was having fun!

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

I am a frequent recreational student at ICE and have been there during a number of their team events-they look good. Depending on the size of the group and when and what you want-especially if you want a little more personal type event, you might want to contact Micol Negrin (also an ICE instructor) at her studio via Rustico Cooking

Mark A. Bauman