• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oscillate Wildly

Am compiling my list of must eat places in Sydney and this place keeps coming up in reviews. Has anyone been? Any experiences to share?

Oscillate Wildly is fab. I was in Syd on business trips about once a month 2005-2006 (last visit was in autumn'06) and found myself going there once on almost every trip (to the detriment of broadening my knowledge of the Sydney dining scene). There has been a change or two of chefs since it first opened but quality and value has remained fairly constant. There are occasional misses on the menu, but for the most part the menus are interesting and well thought out. Its popularity is justly deserved, both for the food and Ross's concept and management.

It's rare to find a small place which does French-Oz dining well - and without pretension. I wish there were more places like this around!

-- lamington a.k.a. Duncan Markham

The Gastronomer's Bookshelf - collaborative book reviews about all things food and wine

Syrup & Tang - candid commentary and flavourful fancies

"It's healthy. It's cake. It's chocolate cake."

Suzi, we were in Sydney in December, on a reco mission and our friends took us to a restaurant in Circular Quay, just above the Customs House...

You go in at ground level and then take a lift to the top floor, we had dinner on the terrace - very nice food, I had a Balmain bug salad and veal fillet roast - when it got cooler they brought out fleece blankets! Also, great view!

I don't remember the name, clearly, but someone else can probably fill that in...

Can't wait to get there!

edited for spelling - for some reason I have a big problem typing "Sydney" properly...

Edited by sandra (log)

www.nutropical.com

~Borojo~