• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cake Competition and classes in Cleveland Ohio

Good afternoon everyone. Anna Weisend (The Grand Finale) and I (Becky Rink, About the Cake, Inc.) are pleased to announce a new and exciting event happening here in Cleveland. Yes, you read that right...in CLEVELAND!

I know it's early yet, but we wanted to get you to mark your calendars! We are hosting a Wedding Cake Competition, Tasting Competition, and mini classes on January 26-27, 2008 at True North Cultural Arts Center in Avon Lake, Ohio (20 miles west of downtown Cleveland).

For more information, please click on the link below. Please join us for a weekend full of fun, competition, and learning.

http://neohiodecorators.tripod.com/

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone. These will be the prizes for the top 3 places in both the Art of the Cake Wedding Cake Competition and the Chocolate Masterpieces tasting competition. Some other prizes may be added depending on incoming donations. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. For more information on the event, please visit http://neohiodecorators.tripod.com

Grand Prize Wedding Cake Competition:

Kitchen Aid 5 quart mixer plus CASH

2nd Place:

Cash and ribbon

3rd Place

Cash and ribbon

Grand Prize Tasting Competition

Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer plus CASH

2nd Place

Cash and Ribbon

3rd Place

Cash and Ribbon

Also, because this is our first time putting on an event like this, we would love to hear comments about the likes and dislikes from events that you've attended in the past. We want to make this comfortable for everyone.

Edited by atcake (log)