• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite tools for hand enrobing?

tammylc

what a great idea! Nice job, he might start a side business  :raz:

I suspect given his artistic talents that making these would bore him - but hopefully I'll get a few before he gets bored. He suggested the payment for this first one be chocolate covered almonds. So I'll have to get to work on those tomorrow.

Can't he make them with the bend in them already? I always bend mine!

This one is bent - at the precise angle I had bent the one I took to show him. Apparently you can bend them more - but it's pretty stiff!

I love that it can go in the dishwasher. I definitely want one - but with more of a bend please... I like the bend of fork on the cover of the Andrew Shotts book - 'Making Artisan Chocolates'. Speaking of which - your fork looks just like his Kerry. Where did you get it please!? I use the Wilton fork I get from Michael's but it's not too easy to bend. The Shotts fork (your fork Kerry) looks like it would be easier to bend. My fork has a flattened end - I notice that the 2 you pictured don't. Do you get marks on your bottoms where the chocolate slides off? Here's a photo of the flattened tips I am talking about

gallery_58871_6314_25205.jpg

I got this fork from JB Prince in NYC. It was part of a set. It's the only one I use out of the set - although the little basket like one is cute to look at. They are available online from some other sites.

They are made by (or for) Paderno in Italy. I contacted the american site and they contacted Italy to see if I could have a bunch of the 3 prong fork made up, but unfortunately - only sets.

I get fork marks when my technique sucks, but otherwise they work very well. The ends of the stainless wire are actually bevelled.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

• 3 years later...

I accidentally found my telescoping marshmallow roasting fork from the dollar spot at Target works amazing!! I bent the tongs apart a bit and it's spectacular! I may have to bend the handle a bit but no biggie since it was only $1. It's the tongs are strong yet small for easy dipping.