• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Too much wine to remember to take pictures 😧

we had bbq butterflied lamb which had been marinated in olive oil, mint, rosemary, garlic and lemon zest.  My brother made harissa potatoes from Otto Y’s Simple and I made a nice vegetable braise of fennel, red and green peppers and puréed tomatoes.  The potatoes stole the show.  We ate almost all the recipe which was ALOT.  130 grams of duck will make any kinda veggie taste extraordinary .  I have to say I cooked the lamb perfectly but those potatoes...just could not compete.  However, we had Thomas Keller’s chocolate ice cream and a cherry chocolate brownie for desert...May have pulled even on that.

hope everyone had or is having a good weekend.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Too much wine to remember to take pictures 😧

we had bbq butterflied lamb which had been marinated in olive oil, mint, rosemary, garlic and lemon zest.  My brother made harissa potatoes from Otto Y’s Simple and I made a nice vegetable braise of fennel, red and green peppers and puréed tomatoes.  The potatoes stole the show.  We ate almost all the recipe which was ALOT.  130 grams of duck will make any kinda veggie taste extraordinary .  I have to say I cooked the lamb perfectly but those potatoes...just could not compete.

hope everyone had or is having a good weekend.