• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

looking for an oyster shucker

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me. I need two oyster shuckers to work at a very popular eatery over the grand prix weekend (June 8, 9, 10). Not for the faint of heart, this place does big numbers.

I'll Volunteer.

"Why then, the world is mine oyster, which I with sword, shall open."

William Shakespeare-The Merry Wives of Windsor

"An oyster is a French Kiss that goes all the way." Rodney Clark

"Oyster shuckers are the rock stars of the shellfish industry." Jason Woodside

"Obviously, if you don't love life, you can't enjoy an oyster."

Eleanor Clark

Since I'll be in beautiful Montreal for Grand Prix please post where we should plan to watch the shucking and purchase the oysters!! (And do you take reservations for parties of 20?)

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

Since I'll be in beautiful Montreal for Grand Prix please post where we should plan to watch the shucking and purchase the oysters!!  (And do you take reservations for parties of 20?)

Hi Jake,

We would love you to come to our fair city and sample our establishment. Groups of twenty or more are no problem. Call Anna at 514-573-5392 for the hook-up. See you soon.

I can get another of my oyster shucking brothers from other mothers from Toronto for that weekend.

I'm sure there will be more than a couple volunteers.

"Why then, the world is mine oyster, which I with sword, shall open."

William Shakespeare-The Merry Wives of Windsor

"An oyster is a French Kiss that goes all the way." Rodney Clark

"Oyster shuckers are the rock stars of the shellfish industry." Jason Woodside

"Obviously, if you don't love life, you can't enjoy an oyster."

Eleanor Clark

I can get another of my oyster shucking brothers from other mothers from Toronto for that weekend.

I'm sure there will be more than a couple volunteers.

Fantastic! Make the call and we' ll hook it up.

For those of you who may not have spent a Grand Prix weekend in Montreal I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the telephone info JAS - I'll be in town the 17th - 19th this month on business as well, and oysters are always a good choice...........

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.