• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chunky but Dipable Blue Cheese Dressing?

dvs

Its my turn to bring dinner for the bocce team this week. of course i couldn't just throw some sammiches together... so... we're making chili & corn bread that i want to serve with iceburg lettuce wedges that can be dipped into a chunky blue cheese dressing. i've got everything but the dressing. and good & savory recipes out there?

TIA!!

1:1 sourcream and cream cheese beaten until smooth and creamy then just add crumbled bleu cheese to the mix to your tasting and some cracked back pepper and that is it

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

So, I'm the only one who pours Frank's Steakhouse Bleu Cheese dressing into a bowl, add's enough Pirate's Cove pre-crumble Blue Cheese to get the chunk-factor high enough, and calls it a day? :laugh:

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

So, I'm the only one who pours Frank's Steakhouse Bleu Cheese dressing into a bowl, add's enough Pirate's Cove pre-crumble Blue Cheese to get the chunk-factor  high enough, and calls it a day?  :laugh:

:laugh:

I haven't heard of Frank's Steakhouse dressings....?

My laziness dictates when I make blue cheese dressing. I usually have everything I need to make it in my fridge. However, I only find myself concocting it when the last dregs of sour cream are hanging out in the bottom of the container. At that point, I throw in a little mayo, blue cheese, and buttermilk to thin, add salt and cayenne to taste, mush it up, and call it a day. One less dish I've dirtied :biggrin: .

I absolutely adore bleu cheese dressing! I mix equal part mayo and sour cream, add some lemon juice, chopped green onions, minced garlic, kosher salt, and pepper. I then fold in as much bleu cheese as needed for taste and chunkiness factor.

Excellent on salads (especially a nice mesclun mix with shaved red onion and diced apples YUM!) and for dipping, and with buffalo wings.

Enjoy!

PS: This is my first post. I really have enjoyed reading and am looking forward to some great convos about food!

Berta