• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Unleavened Bread

KensethFan

I was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for homemade unleavened bread. I have tried a few recipes, but none of them are very good. Any help would be appreciated. I'm planning on making homemade unleavened bread for the upcoming Passover season.

--- KensethFan

Well, I don't know whether you're nuts or I admire your ambition. There is a matzah recipe in the Baking with Julia book. Even though it contains recipes from others, it has nver let me down. (But then, nothing from Julia or by Dorie ever has.)

So long and thanks for all the fish.

• 1 year later...

I've made the recipe from Baking with Julia before and plan on making a lot this next week for passover. What do people think about sticking to the 18 minute guideline in your own home as being kosher for passover? I know the only other requirement is that the flour is watched from harvest until it is mixed with water to make sure that it does not come in contact with water. Just curious.