• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dipping Sauce ?

Daznz

Hi everyone im from New Zealand . I would like to say this forum is out standing

I really love cooking and im really starting to enjoy chinese cooking ive struggled to make good chinese at home until i got mrs Chiangs Szechwan cookbook off ebay for 90c :biggrin: and i have ordered The Chinese Kitchen by Eileen Yin-Fei Lo .

I am making Shrimp balls the dipping sauce she calls for it a salt and pepper mix

I would like to have two more dipping sauces on the table, If anyone can help me out with two sauces that will go well with shrimp balls i would love the recipes

Thanks Dale

Welcome to the forum, Dale!

How are the shrimpballs made?  Deep-fried?

Hi There

ground pork

shrimps

soy sauce

sesame oil

scallions

ginger

chestnuts

szechwan peppers

rice wine

etc

and yes fried

Thanks Dale

Hmm...yummy....

I think you can use a Veitnamese or Thai spring roll dipping sauce for those babies. You can buy them already made or do a simple search on google.

The sweetness of those sauces will be a great contrast to the wonderful salty flavors in the shrimpballs.

You can also use a simple mixture of:

Light soy

sugar

lime juice

chilies

sesame oil

garlic

Thanks for your help people yum some great ideas and links

I did do a google search but i was keen to ask the forum you guys and girls

would have been around a wok more than me. :smile:

Thanks again Dale