• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Calphalon Chef Pan

jkumorek

Barkeeper's Friend and elbow grease, I'm afraid.  I'd ordinarily recommend oven cleaner, but that's not good for anodized aluminum.

Dawn Power Dissolver. Spray it on and let it sit awhile before scrubbing. I used it to remove about 50 years of crud from an antique cast iron cook stove. Worked like a charm. Don't get the Dawn dishwashing foam; it's a different product.

Ilene

Barkeeper's Friend and elbow grease, I'm afraid.  I'd ordinarily recommend oven cleaner, but that's not good for anodized aluminum.

What would ammonia do to anodized aluminum?

If you enclose greasy stainless in a plastic bag with some ammonia overnight, the fumes will soften all the grease to make easy removal in the morning. Would this procedure work on anod. AL?

Edited by Linda Rose (log)