• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good eats near the ROM or Massey Hall?

Lawchik

Hi!

Tonight I'm going to spend a few hours at the ROM to see the Ancient Peru Unearthed exhibit before heading over to Massey Hall to catch the Kodo Drummers.

Can someone recommend something good near either of those locations? We won't have time for a long sit-down supper....just looking for something great, but rather quick.

Thanks very much!

Hi!

Tonight I'm going to spend a few hours at the ROM to see the Ancient Peru Unearthed exhibit before heading over to Massey Hall to catch the Kodo Drummers.

Can someone recommend something good near either of those locations?  We won't have time for a long sit-down supper....just looking for something great, but rather quick.

Thanks very much!

I work near Massey and I'm sorry to say that I can't think of much to recommend other than The Senator. (It closes from 2:30 to 5 on weekdays according to toronto.com).

There's a Terroni on Victoria Street just south of Queen, but it's not quite great and certainly never quick.

What about Pho Hung on Bloor right across from the ROM? Definitely quick and always tasty.

[edited to correct Senator hours]

Edited by SarahB (log)

There's also Salad King up at Gould and Yonge, which is semi quick and decent and not too expensive. I like Terroni's, but it's by far, not quick. If you like jerk chicken, there's Crystal Planet at Dundas and Church. It's very casual though. Very. There's also Baton Rouge nearby, but it's a less reccommendation and more just a "it's there." At Shuter and Yonge. And if you're desperate, there's Fran's across the street.

You could always grab a sushi bite on the way at Omi's though, and that's always yummy. It's over at Church and Wellesley.

foodpr0n.com 11/01/17: A map of macarons in Toronto // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com

There are also two Schwarma shops on Elm at Yonge, right near Barberians that offer a good quick, fast food, bite. I prefer the one on the south side of the street.

There is a pretty good Roti shop on Dundas just East of University on the South side.

Has anyone been to Okonomi House recently at Yonge and Bloor?

On a complete aside/non-sequitur, Too bad they closed the Top of the Senator, I loved that Bar.

Mark

Thank you Sarah and Jen.  We hate to waste a trip to Toronto and end up eating fast food, which is all my hometown has to offer.  Sushi might be a good idea.....

little late on the request. i have been in and out of Barberians in less than 30. i would have walked down Church a few blocks down from Massey and gone to Golden Thai. they too could get you in and out in less than 30.

officially left egullet....

Mmm.. Golden Thai. I like that place too. There's also Chimichunga's around the corner from Salad King (but it's a standup mexican place).

I went to Okonomi about a year ago? So not really recently, but it was the first time I had gone there. I'd been eyeing since my trip to Osaka though, and found it pretty good! I'm no expert though. I'd go back, however. But don't wear clothes you love. You end up smelling like the oil in the air...

foodpr0n.com 11/01/17: A map of macarons in Toronto // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com