• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Daniel to Open New Cafe Boulud in Palm Beach, FL

MartyL

Nope, we in the Southeast are linked with the Southwest and the South Central (whatever that might be). To combine North Carolina with Arizona is a bit of a stretch, but again, this is a fairly metro-NYC-centric site. We're used to putting up with you.

Florida, however, is a different world altogether.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

I propose that "Post it on the Florida board" become our official eGullet euphemism for "Your post sucks."

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I didn't say it sucks, in fact I thought it should be in the Media forum. With regards to linking the whole south, our theory for opening new forums is when there is significant activity that warrants it we will. We don't want this to be NYC centric, it just is. But if we see a significant rise in Florida postings we may consider giving it its own board.

Why are all these people posting on the Texas board?? :raz:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

We've pretty much been trying to protect the territorial integrity of the United States and several other nations even though it doesn't make much sense from a culinary perspective. For example Vancouver is really more a part of the Pacific Northwest culinary region than it is part of any Canadian culinary region. But once we go down that road things get even more confusing than they are already, so we've kept Vancouver in Canada and Florida is, well, it's on the Florida board if you get my meaning.

Thanks for the post by the way MartyL -- does the L stand for wise ass? -- I hadn't heard about this venture until you posted the link.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

• 7 months later...

Has this restaurant, planned for the Brazilian Court Hotel in Palm Beach, opened?

it was scheduled for December of 2002, then January of aught three, then "late winter," I believe.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I will add the Cafe B to my list of places for my next trip to the south of Florida. Some of us grew up in Florida and love the eccentricities of the place. My mom's family lived there prior to statehood, the first time. All those northerners can keep on going down to the lower regions. The northwestern panhandle is the best part. Next time your in Pensacola, eat at Jackson's. It is located on the plaza where Andrew Jackson accepted the surrender of Spanish Florida to the United States as a territory.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!