• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Emile Henry

frogprincess

Is this beautiful bakeware as amazing as it looks?

I need a new loaf pan and I am wondering if I should go with Emile Henry or if a brand like Chicago Mettalic would suffice.

I would also like to get a new lasagna pan and a pie plate, if anyone uses the Emile Henry line I'd love some feedback.

Thanks!

I love my Emile Henry pie dish and lasagna dish. Everything bakes nice and even in them... and tastes great. But you may have to adjust for them a bit; ie if a recipe is written for a "pan" rather than a "dish". If so, I decrease the oven temp by 25 degrees and bake for a little longer. They retain heat for a bit longer, too, though, so I usually take things out of the oven when they look just a slight tad underdone and let them cool for a while. They also clean up very easily; debris just about slides right off.

Also, my pie dish is deep-dish sized, so I always have to keep that mind/make adjustments when following a recipe for a pie.

I've never used their loaf pan, though. It's probably good, but "low and slow" isn't generally what I look for in quickbreads, which is what I would use them for.

I have the loaf pans and the individual pie plates. The loaf pans are great. Just remember that they can be a little slippery when using oven mitts, so be sure you have a good grip on one.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Funny, I was just nattering this morning about how much I like my EH pans. I have a few baking dishes and pie plates. They're beautiful and they clean up very well. They can go in the freezer, dishwasher, microwave. They're great.