• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frank Pepe's outpost in Fairfield

Fat Guy

Has anybody been to the Pepe's pizza outpost in Fairfield? There was a brief (and uninsightful) review in the New York Times on Sunday. I'm so out of it, that was the first I'd heard of its existence.

238 Commerce Drive, Fairfield, CT 203-333-PEPE (7373)

http://www.pepespizzeria.com/fairfield/index.html

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I also thought it held up well against the original.

I'm not sure what nights the reviewer got in, but I've only been on weekends and the lines were pretty long.

If there's a line and you don't want to wait, Super Duper Weenie is right around the corner!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in once so far on a Friday night and the lines were pretty long. I think I prefer the original Pepes over the Fairfield one; theres something about the white clam pie that just isn't exactly the same as the original. Since this one has opened in Fairfield I feel as if the lines in New Haven spot are a little shorter than they used to be.