• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Milk with meals

rooftop1000

I didnt want to disrupt the milk rapture in the hitting the bottle thread, but does anyone drink milk with lunch or dinner.

Like a nice cold glass of milk with your sgetties :shock:

dairy goes in icecream and butter

carry on

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

One huge advantage of living alone is being able to eat something, like a comfort-food dinner of meatloaf and mashed potatoes, or a big bowl of spicy, hot spaghetti, and then suddenly realizing, "Boy, ice cold milk would be great with this," and then being able to go to the fridge and stand there, door open, and guzzle down cold milk straight from the jug.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

One huge advantage of living alone is being able to eat something, like a comfort-food dinner of meatloaf and mashed potatoes, or a big bowl of spicy, hot spaghetti, and then suddenly realizing, "Boy, ice cold milk would be great with this," and then being able to go to the fridge and stand there, door open, and guzzle down cold milk straight from the jug.

Jaymes is so right! I do tend to drink it before and after -- but that's subject to change. I like drinking milk. Whole milk. Organic is best but sometimes the siren call of smoked salmon and other goodies necessitates a rearrangement in the food budget. :sad:

Fiona

Love milk but only with pancakes or waffles, dessert, and PBJ's...the thought of a gooey cheese pizza and a glass of milk doesn't do it for me. Maybe just too much dairy at once, kinda like drinking chocolate milk while eating a dense chocolate cake.

I don't do it much anymore, but I used to love milk with spaghetti, lasagna, etc. And there's still no better beverage with any dessert than a glass of milk. It's the perfect counterbalance.

I NEVER drink milk on its own though. For some reason, I find this utterly disgusting.

I have drunk milk with 'sketti, chinese food, pizza, etc..... never a second thought of it. But I have not been able to rationalize drinking milk while eating a salad. Milk + raw veggies + oil/vinegar = yuck!

My version of a Happy Meal is an In-n-Out single animal-style and 2 Milks! Without fail, the counter help always stumble over it "2 Milks? 2? Milks?".

Love milk... grew up on whole which cahnged to 2% when I was around 7 or so. Then I lived with 8 other gals in college and changed to skim cause each and every one of them drank skim. Now I drink soy milk - I like the sweet flavor and I eat soooo much dairy as it is with my cheese addiction problem :)

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

I LOVE milk and often drink a glass with my meals and on it's own. But I've gotta admit my favourite way to drink my icy cold glass of milk is with something sweet, ie pancakes with syrup, desserts, etc. and I will actually not eat those things if I'm out of milk. Ditto for PB sandwiches, won't eat em if I don't have milk in the house to wash it down.

A truly destitute man is not one without riches, but the poor wretch who has never partaken of lobster. - anonymous

I don't like milk with savory dishes, only sweet ones. And it's soy milk for me.

My husband is the same. Milk with pie, cake, cookies, puddings etc. but not with steak, lasagne, burritos..you get the idea. I prefer water, if anything. I was raised with a glass (or small carton) of milk to the side of my breakfast, lunch and supper plate except for the time I spent with my Italian grandmother. No beverages for her except water and that was usually taken towards the end of our meal. I live in a milk-pushing society and I am definitely not on board. Organic milk is okay, much, much better tasting but the high prices keep me away.

I use soy milk, too. But this is only for me. That "beany" flavor in a cream sauce would not bode well for homeland peace. :rolleyes:

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

My husband drinks milk with popcorn. Absolutely no other beverage will be acceptable. He will turn down popcorn if there's no milk.

I call him my titty-baby.

The only time I drink it is with chocolate anything.

Stop Family Violence

I love milk with popcorn! I have never heard of anyone else doing this. I have to have milk with pancakes. And I love it with a bowl of baked potato soup and an egg salad sandwich. Comfort food. Most desserts require milk also, especially chocolate ones.