• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Traditional Dutch Dessert - Need Ideas

Hi, if you click the link in my sig, you'll get the Dutch recipe index for the thread about Dutch food I did on eGullet. There are a couple of dessert there!

Post any questions here or feel free to PM me.

Edited by Chufi (log)

You're in a for treat when you peruse, Chufi's thread, CdnLifegard!

The thread is central for home Dutch cooking on the eGullet forums! Let us know what you make if you get inspiration!

Welcome to eGullet, by the way and good luck cooking something nice for your grandmother!

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"