• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Painted Horse Cafe

Had dinner at the Painted Horse Cafe a couple of nights ago. The ambiance was very comfortable, service was quite good and the food was good, not great but very solid. I had foie gras app and a lobster entree. While the vanilla sauce that came w/ the lobster was not my cup of tea I know its a hot combination these days. Everything was prepared very well. The person I was with had the veal loin and while it was slightly under-seasoned they enjoyed it and the tuna tartar app. The brownie dessert was pure comfort food. Nice place for a casual Sunday evening.

Had dinner at the Painted Horse Cafe a couple of nights ago.  The ambiance was very comfortable, service was quite good and the food was good, not great but very solid.  I had foie gras app and a lobster entree.  While the vanilla sauce that came w/ the lobster was not my cup of tea I know its a hot combination these days.  Everything was prepared very well.  The person I was with had the veal loin and while it was slightly under-seasoned they enjoyed it and the tuna tartar app.  The brownie dessert was pure comfort food.  Nice place for a casual Sunday evening.

drpny,

I have had similarly satisfying meals at Painted Horse.

On one occasion I was dining with a friend and her 18 year old son. The 18 year old has been dining out with the adults since he was a toddler so has experience a lot gastronomically for a youngster. He had the lobster and after the first bite started laughing and said it was one of the best things he ever tasted. I'm sure every chef would like to get that kind of response.

ahurwich

Edited by ahurwich (log)

• 8 months later...