• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

prashamk

prashamk

I am thinking of trying today in an Air Conditioned room where temperature will be between 22-24 degrees. I have following queries 

1) What is ideal room temperature to make Bon Bons?

2) What is the ideal temperature to start working with Coloured Cocoa Butter?

3) What is the ideal temperature of chocolate to pour on the coloured cocoa butter?

4) Considering the slightly higher room temperature, Should I put the mould in freezer after I have applied the cocoa butter? 

5) The chocolates that I made yesterday didn't have good shine like what I had seen the pics here on egullet. What to do about that?

Sorry for so many questions but I want to trouble shoot the process to get good result.

prashamk

prashamk

1) What is ideal room temperature to make Bon Bons?

2) What is the ideal temperature to start working with Coloured Cocoa Butter?

3) What is the ideal temperature of chocolate to pour on the coloured cocoa butter?

4) Considering the slightly higher room temperature, Should I put the mould in freezer after I have applied the cocoa butter? 

5) The chocolates that I made yesterday didn't have good shine like what I had seen the pics here on egullet. What to do about that?

Sorry for so many questions but I want to trouble shoot the process to get good result.