• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Food Blogs and Recipe Sites

cookingwithamy

The blogs I check daily are:

delicious days--beautiful pics from Munich

the old foodie--history from Australia

ideas in food--amazing

toast-- down to earth

anapestic-- I like the sense of humor

sorry no links

Thanks for the plug and the compliment, fou de Bassan, but if anyone reading this checks out my posting today (May 31st) - "Grubs and Roots" - they may not go "Yum!" !!!!

Happy Feasting

Janet (a.k.a The Old Foodie)

My Blog "The Old Foodie" gives you a short food history story each weekday day, always with a historic recipe, and sometimes a historic menu.

My email address is: theoldfoodie@fastmail.fm

Anything is bearable if you can make a story out of it. N. Scott Momaday

I hate mine, actually.  it's never updated, profane, poorly written and downright offensive. nontheless, it's in the sig.

Love the Jon Stewart quote in your sig ... the only reason I even have a blog is because my friends all do, and we all read each other's blogs at work and comment. It really is like passing notes in the classroom.

I hate mine, actually.  it's never updated, profane, poorly written and downright offensive. nontheless, it's in the sig.

Love the Jon Stewart quote in your sig ... the only reason I even have a blog is because my friends all do, and we all read each other's blogs at work and comment. It really is like passing notes in the classroom.

irony of ironies, i read that quote in a wired.com interview.

"The Internet is just a world passing around notes in a classroom."

---John Stewart

my blog

• 2 weeks later...

My new favorite blog is Michael Ruhlman's on Megnut.

Now you should start here and take in every wise word he says!

Then I suppose after you've read that entry 10 or 40 times, you can go to the actual homepage for megnut which includes Ruhlman's musing and some great stuff from bogger/hostess Meg Hourihan.

Thank you for your very kind attention!

Visit beautiful Rancho Gordo!

Twitter @RanchoGordo

"How do you say 'Yum-o' in Swedish? Or is it Swiss? What do they speak in Switzerland?"- Rachel Ray

I love Joe Pastry . He gives lots of really practical advice, with scientific explanations for how things happen, he debunks myths, and has a sense of humour. A recent week's topic has been on sourdough starters, lots of good stuff there.

Happy Feasting

Janet (a.k.a The Old Foodie)

My Blog "The Old Foodie" gives you a short food history story each weekday day, always with a historic recipe, and sometimes a historic menu.

My email address is: theoldfoodie@fastmail.fm

Anything is bearable if you can make a story out of it. N. Scott Momaday

My new favorite blog is Michael Ruhlman's on Megnut.

Now you should start here and take in every wise word he says!

Then I suppose after you've read that entry 10 or 40 times, you can go to the actual homepage for megnut which includes Ruhlman's musing and some great stuff from bogger/hostess Meg Hourihan.

Thank you for your very kind attention!

That's my new favorite blog too! And I love that post the most.

I can be reached via email chefzadi AT gmail DOT com

Dean of Culinary Arts

Ecole de Cuisine: Culinary School Los Angeles

http://ecolecuisine.com

• 2 months later...

I peek at Chocolate and Zucchini every once in awhile. I enjoy the photo albums at Extramsg especially of the farmer's markets and bakeries. The Portland Farmer's Market/2004 Summer Loaf album has a couple of really beautiful loaves of decorative bread in it.

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

I agree that sautewednesday is great, and everyone should note that the same great minds behind it are now hard at work on EdibleNation.com, the blogging arm of the wildly successful Edible Communities Magazines

Peace,

kmf

www.KurtFriese.com

• 5 weeks later...

Forget the US. Forget France. Southeast Asia is by far the most fertile ground for interesting foodblogs/foodbloggers in the world. Witness:

Based in Phnom Penh, Phnomenon is undoubtedly the best (and only?) online resource for Khmer food and dining.

Although the pieman is now based in France, thenoodlepie archives are still a fun and interesting source of info on Vietnamese food.

For more on Vietnamese, check out Stickyrice for the scoop on food and dining in Hanoi.

Although she's been in the US for a long time, Pim, of chez pim fame, is actually from Thailand.

Another US-based Southeast Asian foodblogger is the Chinese-Malaysian author of Rasa Malaysia, an excellent blog on Malay eats.

Based out of Malaysia, but definately on top of entire region is EatingAsia.

Among the most popular and successful foodblogs out there is the Singapore-based Chubby Hubby.

Oh, and I do a Thai food blog called RealThai.

Have you seen Lucy Vanel's blog that she does separate from EG? I went there last night it was breathtaking. The prose and the photos are stunning.

I don't know how to link to it so if someone could help me out it would be appreciated.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

Have you seen Lucy Vanel's blog that she does separate from EG? I went there last night it was breathtaking. The prose and the photos are stunning.

I don't know how to link to it so if someone could help me out it would be appreciated.

Warren, that is so nice of you to say. Thank you! I have a link to Lucy's Kitchen Notebook in my signature. You can find it here.

Hey, don't forget S'kat's blog Here!