• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Food Blogs and Recipe Sites

cookingwithamy

I am an avid reader of

http://www.nolacuisine.com

Slice

http://www.sliceny.com

A Hamburger Today

http://www.ahamburgertoday.com

and for news, I check

http://www.accidentalhedonist.com

and

http://www.sautewednesday.com

Edited by Jason Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

and a recent foodblog by eGullet's own Jason Perlow:

http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/

with all manner of visual stimulation: Jason's photography ...

and the audio stimulation: those hysterical podcasts of his ...

now if he had a way to send out taste samples, it would be perfect! :laugh:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

now if he had a way to send out taste samples, it would be perfect!  :laugh:

I'm working on the technology.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Don't forget Heidi Swanson's 101 Cookbooks. I think it' smuch more than a blog but she's been a real pioneer and now has a great book out and writes everywhere. She really is the poster child for what's good about blogging.

I do notice many bloggers start out great and then peter out. I think that's why there are professional writers and traditional press still.

Visit beautiful Rancho Gordo!

Twitter @RanchoGordo

"How do you say 'Yum-o' in Swedish? Or is it Swiss? What do they speak in Switzerland?"- Rachel Ray

In shameless promotion of my fairly new, old-fashioned (no blogging software used..it's purely "home-made; pls see below), I'd like to say that in the last two weeks I've gone from 20 to 30 hits a day, to 35 to 60 hits a day!

All via word-of-mouth only - very few of the blog-lists feature me.

And Cafe Radio, in Boise, has somehow picked it up and asked me to come on the air and talk about it...

A 'cult' blog?

Comments?

Please visit my new blog, Roadfoodie.

There's driving, and then there's Driving.

The chronicles of a food-obsessed traveler: her exploits, meals, and musings along the highways of America and beyond.

Brigit:

Wonderful content -- but you really should use real blog software if you want to increase your traffic on the search engines. RSS feeds exist for a reason, you know!

Roboppy has excellent Mitsuwa photos. I went there a few days ago and posted similar stuff for my blog, but I didn't have my real camera with me, so I had to use my cellphone. Ugh.

Brigit:

Wonderful content -- but you really should use real blog software if you want to increase your traffic on the search engines. RSS feeds exist for a reason, you know!

I admit it: I am technologically-challenged!!! But I'm working on this...probably need to hire someone (aaargh!).

But THANKS

(Probably, around the time you manage to add delicious smells to your blog....)

The chronicles of a food-obsessed traveler: her exploits, meals, and musings along the highways of America and beyond.

Brigit:

I admit it: I am technologically-challenged!!! But I'm working on this...probably need to hire someone (aaargh!).

But THANKS

Brigit, its really easy, and you dont have to install the software yourself. Just get a free blog on Wordpress or Blogger or Typepad or any of the other places, and just redirect your domain address there. If you want I can give you a simple HTML file to replace your existing home page with, and it can automatically re-direct traffic to your new site.

Brigit:

But THANKS

Brigit, its really easy, and you dont have to install the software yourself. Just get a free blog on Wordpress or Blogger or Typepad or any of the other places, and just redirect your domain address there. If you want I can give you a simple HTML file to replace your existing home page with, and it can automatically re-direct traffic to your new site.

You may be my saviour! But then, don't I have to master Wordpress or one of the others? I got bogged down (blogged down) with MySql etc and gave up. I'd like to keep the format the same and not have to re-upload all the pages and images...could it possibly be that what you are suggesting would NOT require me to do that?

Our blog is  Ideas in Food Enjoy

Alex

Very, very nice, Alex. Beautiful photography. And if I could somehow attach chicken skin to tuna, I would too. Mmmmm. I'll be sure to come visit the restaurant on my next cross-country drive.

Brigit:

But THANKS

You may be my saviour! But then, don't I have to master Wordpress or one of the others? I got bogged down (blogged down) with MySql etc and gave up. I'd like to keep the format the same and not have to re-upload all the pages and images...could it possibly be that what you are suggesting would NOT require me to do that?

Wordpress is really easy. If you know how to post on eGullet or use a word processor, you know how to use that stuff already. Go to www.wordpress.com, sign up for free, its that simple. Pick a site template from a pre-designed site layout, enter your first blog post, and you are done. You also dont have to re-upload your existing images, just link to them from the posts. You will have to cut and paste in the text, though.

Mine is about a month old and is a good example of how an enthusiastic home cook moves from recipe cooking to creating his or her personal cuisine.

I've been happy with Typepad.

Comments welcome.

Cheers.

Meez,

Just minutes ago I clicked on the link to your blog that was in the tempura thread, it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen....

Keep up the great work!

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

Hullo eGulleters

No more lurking about for me -- I've been forced out into the open by the need for help.

I'm writing a feature about the best food blogs in the world ... ever (or along those lines) and am looking for recommendations. Of course, eGullet blogs are toppermost of the poppermost, but what other blogs are so delicious they make you drool into your keyboard?

ta v much

There's a few favorites listed here... Favorite Food Blogs, Aside from what's listed in Gourmet...

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

The blogs I check daily are:

delicious days--beautiful pics from Munich

the old foodie--history from Australia

ideas in food--amazing

toast-- down to earth

anapestic-- I like the sense of humor

sorry no links

If only Jack Nicholson could have narrated my dinner, it would have been perfect.

Slightly off topic, but...

I'm a big fan of the seemingly hundreds of food blogs based out of S.E. Asia (why is that region so food crazy--or more specifically, food crazy and prone to documenting the mania) Chubby Hubby, Babe in KL, Umami, Masak Masak, noodlepie, HK Foodie, Pinoy Cook, etc.

My question is--are there similar blogs based out of Spain? I ask because while visiting S.E. Asia I was armed with amazing knowledge I'd gleaned from blogs. This summer I'm going to Barcelona (just briefly) but feel less wise about the cuisine, trendy and revered as it is.

-------------------

Self-promotion part: I've been blogging (ok, they didn't call it blogging pre-2000)for what feels like a million years and not too long ago morphed my personal site into a food blog. Well, I ended up morphing it back and now just write about food alot because I don't know if the world can sustain another food blog. At least not mine:

Project Me!

Shovel Time