• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Food Blogs and Recipe Sites

cookingwithamy

Too funny!

I'm glad to see more and more people are discovering blogs and bloggers and that wonderful writers are surfacing. I just think blogs are one more interesting outlet for people who want to share their thoughts and experiences about all things culinary. eGullet, craigslist food forum, they all make life more interesting...

The ones I check every day that haven't been mentioned (I also read C & Z and tastingmenu and The Food Section and Cooking With Amy):

The Domestic Goddess

Cheese Diaries

Vinography - not a food blog per se, but you can't have food without wine.

I obviously check my own blog for comments. Would I recommend mine? I don't know. I definitely use it as a public incarnation of the directive that writers should write on a regular basis, and not just when on assignment. There are things I want to change, different ideas I want to explore, but I have fun with it.

Derrick Schneider

My blog: http://www.obsessionwithfood.com

You have to eat. You might as well enjoy it!

Although I have been hanging out on the net for a while, the blog thing is kinda new to me, thanks for sharing...while checking links that were attached to RestaurantEdge I found one I thought was cool and inspiring, just little stories written by different people in blog style...

Mad Chefs

Quite a few of them made me reflect on who I am and what I do...I love moments like that...

Cheffy

An Artist?!!!

Perhaps...

Gladiator?!!!

Most Definitely

http://www.restaurantedge.com/index.phtml?catid=47

Burke and Wells on food: though they don't blog per se.

"Thirteen Ways of Looking at Chocolate" and "Perfect Scrambled Eggs" are very worthwhile reads.

Aside from that, I can't figure out if I like those guys or not. I think I do, but I think their writings both remind me of Ignatius Reilly in A Confederacy of Dunces with advanced degrees.

They also go to Paris.

I just want to give them both a hot dog cart and see how they do.

Edited by tanabutler (log)

• 5 months later...

*Rogov's Ramblings (Daniel Rogov)

Soup Song

Virtual Gourmet

*Whitings Writings (John Whiting)

*World Table (Bux)

*Chez Pim

Chocolate and Zucchini

*The Food Section

*Saute Wednesday

*Obsession W/Food .. see the post below in which Derrick Schneider catches my blunder!:blush:

Passionate Cook

*Mamster's Grub Shack

These are my favorite food blogs ... * means they are eGullet contributors (hoping I got these right!) :wink:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

*Rogov's Ramblings  (Daniel Rogov)

Soup Song

Virtual Gourmet

*Whitings Writings  (John Whiting)

*World Table  (Bux)

*Chez Pim 

Chocolate and Zucchini

*The Food Section

*Saute Wednesday

Obsession W/Food

Passionate Cook

*Mamster's Grub Shack

These are my favorite food blogs ... * means they are eGullet contributors (hoping I got these right!) :wink:

Could you provide links to some of those, please?

I also like http://accidentalhedonist.com and Orangette(Both eGers)

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host