• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Food Blogs and Recipe Sites

cookingwithamy

I like the Chef Hermes Blog, it's not been going long but it's mixture of industry gossip & short interviews with current and former stars. Generally aimed at chefs and the industry.

Wylie Dufrense from the USA has been on there, along with some of the more major chefs in the UK.

For when a relief chef needn't cost the earth, reliefchef.org

Also on twitter@reliefchef_org

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody (hate to sound like Dr Nick from the Simpsons, but it's the only way we could think to start off)

Only really came across this thread as we were looking where our traffic was coming from.

We've recently done a post on chefs that blog as well as some of the chefs that are on Twitter, hopefully some of you may find it interesting. The chef from New Zealand with his pastry blog has some really good photography on it.

Many thanks for the recommendation.

The Chef Hermes blog

Can be followed on Twitter: @chefhermes

Or Facebook:Chef Hermes group page

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

a few of my favorites, some of which may have already appeared on this thread...

Sass and Veracity -- Kelly has a lovely eye for dishes that you might not necessarily think of. An excellent source of inspiration for me, and one of my daily visits.

Lucy's Kitchen Notebook -- Lucy (who you may know here at eG as bleudauvergne) writes intimately of life in Lyon, France.

The Taste Space -- Janet is a long-time member of the food blogging community, and her blog has many inspiring and beautiful posts on vegetarian food.

Briciole -- Simona's food blog ranks high on my list of favorite Italian food blogs.

Nordljus -- Keiko's blog is filled with stunning photography (the writing's great too!).

and my own, if I might be allowed to do a little self-promotion :wink: -- The Spamwise Chronicles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My niece's friend has started a blog called The Kitchen Less Traveled. She's literally a completely novice cook -- never cooked ground meat before, has no idea what how to open or deal with a clove of garlic. I found it amusing and also really interesting, since I can't imagine being that bewildered by food. See what you think: http://thekitchenlesstraveled.blogspot.ca/?spref=fb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Any that you frequent regularly or have a particular liking for? Why do you like the site(s). What sort of recipes are found there.

I like Ellie Krieger's site, as well as Rhee Drummond's Pioneer Woman. The Shiksa in the Kitchen blog has me interested, but I've only just started reading it.

... Shel