• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Food Blogs and Recipe Sites

cookingwithamy

a few blogs I like (I have about 80 in my RSS feed) that I don't think anyone has mentioned here:

- Ideas in Food - a constant fount of creativity

- playing with fire and water - beautiful

- Khymos - a good Molecular Gastronomy blog/resource

- ruhlman.com - Michael Ruhlman's blog

- The Pink Peppercorn - one of my new favorites

Also, feel free to check out my blog... in my sig, below. I'm always looking for advice on how to improve it.

Since there's been discussion here about whether French Letters is still in business, let me say that we're spending the summer in the US and I'm blogging French Letters Visits America. Then in September we'll go back to France for another year, and of course French Letters will be going with us.

A blog (in English) that I really like and haven't seen mentioned here is La Tartine Gourmande.

• 1 month later...
For those of you who are into kitchen tech, molecular gastronomy, etc., two of the foremost people in that space, Dave Arnold and Nils Noren of the French Culinary Institute (where I'm teaching a class, which is how I know about this), have just started a blog called Cooking Issues. The current post is on "live infusion" of oysters, in other words getting the oysters to eat stuff to make them taste different, before we taste them.

Thank you for showing me this! This is my favourite cooking blog to read now :D I just really wish I had the time and money to go to the FCI myself!

"Sunshine, Lollipops, and Bacon

Everything that's wonderful is what I eat when, we're together"

• 2 weeks later...

My top 4 favorites:

http://food.theatlantic.com/author/grant-achatz/

http://blog.ruhlman.com

http://anicca3.blogspot.com

http://www.alineaathome.com/

Shamless self-promotion for my blog: www.sacramentocook.com I focus on a featured recipe, food travel, and local Northern California food news.

Twitter: Audiofan2

www.sacramentocook.com

Im wondering if it would be interesting to do the blog in two languages or if it would just make it messy and confusing. I have the idea that posts should be short and concise, so that people will still be interested, but if I only keep it in norwegian, then I exclude a big potential reader mass. Do you know of any blogs that are done in two languages at the same time? What are you guys view on this?

Ive put up a few posts in norwegian and english, does this work, or should I stick to one language?

Spiseplikt

Ive put up a few posts in norwegian and english, does this work, or should I stick to one language?

Spiseplikt

I looked and I liked it. I might be tempted to split the two languages with the picture (one above, one below), but that's just might personal preference.

Beautiful photography, btw.

Spiseplikt

I looked and I liked it. I might be tempted to split the two languages with the picture (one above, one below), but that's just might personal preference.

Beautiful photography, btw.

Thank you, prasantrin! I'll try what you said about splitting the text.

• 1 month later...

My daughter began a blog on Aug. 13, entitled A Year of Lunches.

She includes tools, containers and etc and has produced some interesting goodies. She is very concerned with nutrition and has to deal with several food allergies.

http://yearoflunches.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-08-18T23%3A01%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a food blog here in Spain, I am not sure if anyone has mentioned it.

www.madridlab.net

I am the Head Chef for a research lab which is owned by Ferran Adria and Paco Roncero.

Check it out.

Adam Melonas - Chef

===================================================================================================================================

(Blog)
/
(Wikipedia)
/
(Twitter)

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd share that I have a food blog that I'm keeping while I study abroad in Bologna, Italy for the semester. Updated daily with everything that I eat and/or cook while I'm here. Would love for anyone to check it out:

http://mangiaquestobologna.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Will

Here's a sample: tagliatelle bolognese, and arancini with formaggio e spinaci:

18349_1193649681392_1232910618_30916136_2036075_n.jpgarancini.jpg

Hi all,

When Cablevision and Scripps were busy with their little pissing contest, I decided to do something about it and started a blog to create and share *my* videos with friends and family.

It turned out to be pretty fun, so thought I'd share with you. I've been a lurker all these years, and finally got up the gumption to post something. Maybe it will help balance out all the wonderful information I've garnered from you.

Warning, its a bit tongue in cheek, with a little bit of cussing, but a fun ride. Would love to hear any feedback...

Andy

That Jew Can Cook

Hi all,

When Cablevision and Scripps were busy with their little pissing contest, I decided to do something about it and started a blog to create and share *my* videos with friends and family.

It turned out to be pretty fun, so thought I'd share with you. I've been a lurker all these years, and finally got up the gumption to post something. Maybe it will help balance out all the wonderful information I've garnered from you.

Warning, its a bit tongue in cheek, with a little bit of cussing, but a fun ride. Would love to hear any feedback...

Andy

That Jew Can Cook

Hilarious clips... definitely worth the drive by! I will be back! Thanks for sharing! Valerie

Make it Happen

Valerie: A Canadian Foodie

Email me

http://www.acanadianfoodie.com

I love my Thermomix!

• 2 months later...

It is called Fried Dough Ho.

It is not limited to doughnuts, but I will be eating and reviewing beignets, churros, and Korean yakgwa. While I know there are a handful of doughnut blogs out there, I'll be investigating the historical and cultural existence of fried dough in all its glory. I don't think there is an ethnicity that DOESN'T have fried dough in some form.

Join me for the adventure!

• 4 months later...

My hands down favorite food and travel blog is Eating Asia. The writing, photography and research are top notch. If you enjoy arm chair authentic food travels it is a must read. Today's post is on Laos, but recently they have been to China and Turkey, and generally all over SE Asia.

• 3 weeks later...

No doubt one of the very best out there - great writing & super photography.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

• 4 weeks later...