• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Food Blogs and Recipe Sites

cookingwithamy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How embarassing. My first post and it's about blogging. eGullet is enormous and I didn't know where to start! So I'll start here..

Fave Aussie blogs ATM:

Grab Your Fork

Abstract Gourmet

Cafe Grendel

Fave non-Aussie blogs ATM:

Jay Rayner @ The Guardian

Opinionated About Dining

Chez Pim

Cheers

Jen

Blog: Palate

Fave Restaurant ATM: Jackson's

Musings and Morsels - a film and food blog

http://musingsandmorsels.weebly.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would give and not just take :wink:

I think Verjuice's has the highest potential for being a meaningful, artistic food blog. Read back to the beginning to get the full extent - she has been busy lately.

Fanny the Fairy's blog is the one that is most likely to make me smile. I love her artistry and the effort she puts into the blog.

Jumanggy's blog is the first one I read every day. He diverges from food, but it is his combining of food and life that make it interesting to me.

FX Cuisine is the blog that I aspire to.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know she has mentioned it here before, but I love reading Abra's French Letters.  I think her time in France will be coming to an end in a few months, but I hope she continues writing after she moves back to the US.  Her writing and photography are really wonderful.

Wholeheartedly agree. French Letters is one of the 10 or so blogs I quickly check every morning. When I see a new post I get happy and if I am in a hurry I often "save it for later" as a treat. I thought she was staying longer in France though- I hope so!

Wholeheartedly agree. French Letters is one of the 10 or so blogs I quickly check every morning. When I see a new post I get happy and if I am in a hurry I often "save it for later" as a treat.  I thought she was staying longer in France though- I hope so!

Is she? I thought it was only going to be for one year, but longer is better! More beautiful writing!

• 2 weeks later...

I just went through my linked blogs on my own blog and half are dormant! As I clicked other linked blogs, they're stagnant too. I guess that's a lot of busy people. So, my favorite blog is anyone that stays active...like mine :rolleyes:

There's always time for drooling over the 'how the hell did they do that' food of the best restaurants (see the ulterior epicure for a great example), but what I love most about food blogs is the sharing. From the most to the least experienced bloggers, it's all people who love food telling you how much they love food, and how to make the food they love most. It's great!

Lucy's Kitchen Notebook is definitely of my favourites. Great writing, beautiful photography, and delicious food. In the best possible way her blog makes me think enviously, "I want to live like that".

Dr. Zoidberg: Goose liver? Fish eggs? Where's the goose? Where's the fish?

Elzar: Hey, that's what rich people eat. The garbage parts of the food.

My blog: The second pancake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So for three summers, I've worked for an heirloom fruit farm, mostly at Chicago farmers markets, but also on the farm in Southwestern Michigan.

Back when I was a market customer, I always asked myself what it would be like to work on the other side of the table. So last season I decided to keep a blog and tell the story.

The short answer: difficult but fun, with incredible quantities of free fruit.

The longer answer is on my blog: Fruit Slinger.

I've been doing research for an upcoming (not too upcoming) trip to the Philippines and found Table for Three, Please. The blog is OK, but more interestingly to eG readers, it notes that jumanggy recently won a "Best Blog" award in the food category at the Philippine Blog Awards for No Special Effects!

I've also been reading Dessert Comes First and MarketManila--both of which have been mentioned here before.

And (former? current? eG member) Simon Majumdar's Eat My Globe and Dos Hermanos for additional research (he has a lot of info on Asian countries from his around-the-world eating extravaganza).

Edited by prasantrin (log)

Thanks so much Rona! (Thank you also, Rob, for mentioning my blog.) You guys are so nice :) Anyway, you might also consider reading ourawesomeplanet for dining suggestions and restaurant reviews for Manila-- I believe it is last year's winner for best food blog.

Mark

The Gastronomer's Bookshelf - Collaborative book reviews about food and food culture. Submit a review today! :)

No Special Effects - my reader-friendly blog about food and life.

. . .

Here's a foodblog that should be getting ALOT more attention

http://foodonthebrain.wordpress.com/

Beautiful, yet simple, photographs accompanied by delectable recipes and other foodie talk.

Spent a couple of pleasant hours on this blog, so thank you. I like that she doesn't go overboard praising all things as some bloggers tend to do. I also enjoyed the mix of cooking at home and eating out.

Edited to make better sense.

Edited by Anna N (log)

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

. . .

Here's a foodblog that should be getting ALOT more attention

http://foodonthebrain.wordpress.com/

Beautiful, yet simple, photographs accompanied by delectable recipes and other foodie talk.

Spent a couple of pleasant hours on this blog, so thank you. I like that she doesn't go overboard praising all things as some bloggers tend to do. I also enjoyed the mix of cooking at home and eating out.

Edited to make better sense.

No problem, I enjoy spreading news of wonderful food blogs :wink:

Here's another great one (also for those who love crazy jokes)

http://chefsgonewild.blogspot.com/

Musings and Morsels - a film and food blog

http://musingsandmorsels.weebly.com/

• 2 weeks later...