• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Food Blogs and Recipe Sites

cookingwithamy

I'm gonna jump in and add my link too - brand new - 9 days old today, my blog is at

www.PotentialGold.com

It all started out here on eG in the Italy and Italian Cuisine section and has grown from there. I could really use other bloggers help in promoting my site - thanks!

Ore

My favs. as of now, still new as I said, are LKL Chu's, Chez Pim and Derricks - and dont forget Alberto's - Il Forno

And I will add one of my favourites, Chuck Taggart's Looka! It isn't all about food; sometimes it's about politics and sometimes it's about blues -- but there's certainly plenty of delicious bacony goodness to be had, not to mention his regular explorations of the art of mixology in "The Cocktailian".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

today is the last day to vote for the 2006 Bloggies awards (for food blogs), at: vote for the Bloggie awards here...

the five food blogs they have nominated are:

delicious days

just recipes...

the domestoc goddess

vegan lunchbox and...

the apartment

go vote for your favourite!

:smile:

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

• 3 months later...

Hullo eGulleters

No more lurking about for me -- I've been forced out into the open by the need for help.

I'm writing a feature about the best food blogs in the world ... ever (or along those lines) and am looking for recommendations. Of course, eGullet blogs are toppermost of the poppermost, but what other blogs are so delicious they make you drool into your keyboard?

ta v much

Oooh thanks very much for these -- I really like Chocolate and Zucchini, it has a really lovely writing style, and I enjoy the mix of things... and of course Chez Pim is amazing for a good foodie drool...

Do you find you visit different blogs for different reasons -- some for ingredient ideas, others because you really connect with the writer? I think I have a mixture of reasons, and I'm kind of interested in what other people think... And I guess, what people think of food blogs full stop.

Do you find you visit different blogs for different reasons -- some for ingredient ideas, others because you really connect with the writer? I think I have a mixture of reasons, and I'm kind of interested in what other people think... And I guess, what people think of food blogs full stop.

I love food blogs because, unlike my cookbook collection, the blog is constantly being updated ...

and then there is the aspect of the food photography! ... :biggrin:

then there are the thoughts, ruminations, musings of the blog's author ... :wink:

and they are free, of course, and they ask for your comments ...

and ... and .... so very many reasons!

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Yes, some blogs just have brilliant photography that makes me feel like my food is a bit rubbish in comparison... it can be a bit scary. In a good way.

But I find even though I read them, I might not actually cook anything from a blog? Am I just a bit wierd like this? Get inspiration perhaps, but not really follow a recipe?

btw, thanks v much for your help on this. is v interesting for me and stops me writing a piece that is essentially just my view...

Thanks for mentioning my blog as a favorite! I just posted about cardoons this morning...

Some of my recent favorites are written by folks in the food biz:

David Lebovitz

In Praise of Sardines

MattBites

Happy to talk to anyone about my blog or any of the other excellent ones out there

cheers,

Amy

Cooking with Amy

Edited by cookingwithamy (log)