• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ice Cream Cakes in Seattle?

Besides Baskin & Robbins near U-Village, is there anyplace I can order an ice cream cake for Saturday? I will be traveling from Ballard over to Kenmore, so somewhere along the way would be best.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Besides Baskin & Robbins near U-Village, is there anyplace I can order an ice cream cake for Saturday? I will be traveling from Ballard over to Kenmore, so somewhere along the way would be best.

I beleive the Ben & Jerry's in Ballard makes them.

Do you suffer from Acute Culinary Syndrome? Maybe it's time to get help...

Lorna made an inverted Creamsicle Cake for my Birthday. IT WAS THE BEST ICE CREAM CAKE I EVER HAD!

Base was vanilla sponge cake, inside was orange grapefruit sorbet, outside was vanilla ice cream. All the cake, sorbet, and ice cream was homemade. AWESOME!

Maybe you an talk her into making you one for Sat. :wink:

Edited by hhlodesign (log)

I've seen signs advertising ice-cream cakes at Cold Stone Creamery, but never had one (or any of their ice-cream for that matter) so can't personally recommend.

Cold stone puts so much gunk in their ice-creams to make them "workable" that they taste funky & have a gummy mouth-feel. Go with Baskin Robbins before CSC.

Do you suffer from Acute Culinary Syndrome? Maybe it's time to get help...