• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dipping salsa / Salsa

Hello Everyone :biggrin:

Ive been looking for a good salsa recipe . A tomatilla or green one and a red one . Im looking to use them as a dipping chips into them type of salsa . I realize this is an American idea :raz: I have had sweeter styles of salsas made with tomatoes and was hoping someone would have a idea as to what the sweetness was . I dont think it was honey it was probably raw sugar its usually the simplest thing :biggrin: . Anyway thanx in advance for any help or guidance you might give . :cool:

:unsure: I find It very hard to believe that no one has any good salsa recipes on the Mexican thread . Hmmmmm. I tried to do a search on the site but found very little on salsas here . I dont want to just Google it you never know what your gettin then so ill just wait patiently ......... :hmmm:

Behold: an eGCI session on Mexican table salsas, and ten recipes on RecipeGullet! And for a basic, easy and satisfying recipe, you should also check out Rancho Gordo's pantry salsa recipe.

I don't know what the story is with the sweet salsa-- that doesn't fit with my experience. But I'm the farthest thing from an expert.

Here's mine.

I posted it some years back and still, to my surprise, get about one pm a month from someone telling me that it's become a ubiquitous staple, always at the ready in their fridge.

Basic red table salsa

Edited by Jaymes (log)

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Behold: an eGCI session on Mexican table salsas, and ten recipes on RecipeGullet!  And for a basic, easy and satisfying recipe, you should also check out Rancho Gordo's pantry salsa recipe.

I don't know what the story is with the sweet salsa-- that doesn't fit with my experience.  But I'm the farthest thing from an expert.

Hey thanx Andy :biggrin: Thats a vast wealth of knowlage this will help me greatly . I cant believe I missed it ! I worked with a guy that made this awsome fake guac that was made with cooked tomatillos and jalipenos that ive never been able to duplicate any ideas thanx again!

Here's mine.

I posted it some years back and still, to my surprise, get about one pm a month from someone telling me that it's become a ubiquitous staple, always at the ready in their fridge.

Basic red table salsa

Again I Humbly thank you for your time and thought in posting this . This is part two to what i was looking for . You even have the sweet salsa in there too I believe the one I had was made with rose peddles or rose flavoring of some sort .....Thank you Jaymes

GIMB