• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Super Duper Bagel ownership change

scarlet knight

I have received gossip/ a snippet of info/ a probable possibility that there has been an ownership change at Super Duper Bagel in Livingston. The spunky, small woman is no longer there and the owners of Jerusalem West bought the place. I understand that they use the same recipe as before, which is to say it it a classic.

More confirmation to come, as we will be patronizing the place today.

I have received gossip/ a snippet of info/ a probable possibility that there has been an ownership change at Super Duper Bagel in Livingston. The spunky, small woman is no longer there and the owners of Jerusalem West bought the place. I understand that they use the same recipe as before, which is to say it it a classic.

More confirmation to come, as we will be patronizing the place today.

Spunky small woman? I do not go there any more even though they have the best bagels around.... she is widely known as the Bagel Nazi because of her nasty attitude, and I will not give any retailer my $ if they have an attitude. I HOPE SHE IS GONE SO i CAN GO THERE AGAIN!

Ding Dong the wicked witch is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's the only one too! the same bakers and the same nice girls are there and the new owner, from Jerusalem West. I had a nice conversation with him and told him I'd be a regular there now that the misery was gone!

Ding Dong the wicked witch is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She's the only one too!  the same bakers and the same nice girls are there and the new owner, from Jerusalem West.  I had a nice conversation with him and told him I'd be a regular there now that the misery was gone!

where is this place?

Update:

Goodbye to Super duper bagels! The witch is gone but she must have taken her baker! The bagels are average at best. Now the best bagels in town IMHO are from Bagels 4 You. Super dupers' bagels are even crappier than Livingston Bagel!

Edited by alembic54 (log)

Alembic, if this is true, I'm very, VERY sad. Those were awesome bagels, despite the owner's attitude. :sad:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Alembic, if this is true, I'm very, VERY sad.  Those were awesome bagels, despite the owner's attitude.  :sad:

Curlz:

I'll give them one more try but I'm not hopeful. And your right..the Bagel Nazi did make INCREDIBLE bagels. But i refuse to hand over my $ to people who are nasty and she took the prize.

Jeff