• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Diálogos de Cocina

Revallo

I have just returned from the Dialogos de Cocina and will posting report on my blog by the end of the week. It was a strong showing of support for Adoni Aduriz who organized and set the tone for a serious and thoughtful, impassioned and exciting event. The big dogs were in evidence but with few exceptions, they left their egos at the door. I'll be happy to link when I am up.

I have just returned from the Dialogos de Cocina and will posting report on my blog by the end of the week. It was a strong showing of support for Adoni Aduriz who organized and set the tone for a serious and thoughtful, impassioned and exciting event. The big dogs were in evidence but with few exceptions, they left their egos at the door. I'll be happy to link when I am up.

I will look forward to it.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Looking forward to it as well. I was unable to see anything in the "webcast" that took place. Received earlier today an email from Andoni mentioning there were 57,350 people that participated online. I am curious on whether they will keep the webcasts on file.

Arley Sasson

Diálogos de Cocina

The webcasts are now online....

Excellent event, excellent organisation. And yes... No egos here.

Yes great! Thanks Podolski. I think the roundtable with Harold MacGee and Heston Blumenthal is particularly interesting. All the videos are available in English, Spanish and French.

Arley Sasson

the overview article I wrote is now on line at http://international-iacp.blogspot.com/200...-dialogues.html including a brief interview with Andoni as well as a ist of links. And I have posted a few of my favorite quotes on my own blog- http://www.katehill.blogspot.com.

Obviously, being able to watch the videos now is fabulous and I can correct any errors due to my bad handwriting!

I also noticed that on the Spanish version of the site, there are files under NEWS that aren't there in English- particularly interesting is the PDF file of the printed Papeles de Cocina that we received. Worth looking at for the design as well as the content. Now to start learning Spanish!