Malaysia has many varieties of food and there is no problem to what we want to eat. We have Malay, Chinese, Indian, Western, Thailand, Korean and many more. Malaysia is a heaven for food. Furthermore, we have 24hours restaurants and one can have food anytime. But since MCO, things are different now. Operating hours for restaurants are till 8.00 pm or 10.00 pm and mostly take-away only. We hope for the best to happen soon, where things will be back to normal.
Here is a recipe known as "Nasi Lemak" which is a Malay traditional food. This food is popularly available in any part of Malaysia and Singapore served with coconut rice and Anchovies sambal.🙂
Recipe for coconut rice
1 part of rice
1 ½ part of coconut milk
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
a slice of ginger, onion and garlic (add fragrance to rice)
1 screwpine leave
1. Rinse and soak rice in water for 10 mins.
2. Drain rice and add coconut milk, salt, oil, ginger, garlic, onion and optional items.
3. Cook in the rice cooker.
ANCHOVIES SAMBAL (Sambal Ikan Bilis)
6 pcs dry chili (boiled and seedless)
4 cloves garlic
1/4 glass water
1/2 cup oil
1 big onion - sliced
Small piece shrimp paste (Belacan)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
4 tablespoon tamarind juice
1/4 glass water
Optional: A pinch of Ajinomoto
1. Blend all ingredients A into a smooth paste
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry anchovies till crispy. Remove cooked anchovies into a plate.
3. Add onion to oil and cook till golden brown followed shrimp paste, blended paste, salt, sugar, tamarind juice & water.
4. Finally add the fried anchovies and cook till sauce thickens.
Please feel free to ask me any question related to my topic and food. 🙏