• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. robirdstx

Dinner 2020

Grilled Double Cheeseburger with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Mayo and Yellow Mustard on a toasted Ciabatta Bun
  3. I have a long lost sister!!!! Add citrus.. Lemons or grapefruit with sea salt.
  4. Thoughts? It sounded like a book with narrative which is my preference.
  5. Oddly, I just bought the dead tree edition after finding it at 50 percent off at the local Barnes and Noble. I've paged through but mostly to look at some of the titles of recipes.
  6. heidih

Dinner 2020

I'll just take that squash as my meal
  7. TdeV

Hello

Hi there. Welcome.
  8. Raamo

Dinner 2020

We like AB's Shakshuka so much we've made it a few times. This is just my 3 eggs, my wife eats 2 eggs. We only put 5 in. It makes more then the 2 of us can eat so we save the left over sauce and eat with Nan and it's very tasty.
  9. Life has changed. Brand names are not always an indicator. My beloved appliance guy gave me an eye opening view recently.
  10. kayb

Hello

Welcome.Will be interested to see your posts on charcuterie. Do you cure a lot of different things?
  11. Oh the things one learns on eGullet... the Manchester England England song.
  12. Today
  13. Welcome to the forum. Are you really a royal prince?
  14. Norm Matthews

Dinner 2020

Charlie always wants Mac &Cheese with steak. The steaks were in the freezer waiting for an event that didn't happen. We also had squash stuffed with rice, onion, corn, poblano pepper and cheese.
  15. We view the lists on our iPhones when we shop.
  16. Yesterday
  17. I'd still need a printer, which I don't have.
  18. We do! https://www.ourgroceries.com/overview
  19. John took the microwave to the repair shop in case it is something as simple as a fuse. We never thought of getting it looked at, until @chromedome mentioned the fuse. We'll know early next week what the diagnosis is. In our looking around ar new ones I was surprised by all the complaints against Panasonic, both for the quality of their product and their poor customer service. I have always been happy with them.
  20. I thought I was the only one who did that.
  21. ElsieD

Hello

Hi and welcome to the forum. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
  22. KennethT

Lunch 2020

I do it every day to heat my lunch up at work... I call it the 'improvised steamer'!
  23. Thank you so much for this!! I want to finish the rest of The Lincoln Highway and really want to trace Route 66. Will add it to my folder.
  24. I went looking for some sliced beef in the big garage freezer. Found quite a few items that needed to be tossed. Made a small dent. The freezer side of my kitchen fridge is stuffed to the point of frustration. I need some Italian sausage that’s in there; sure hope I can find it, ‘It’s not unusual for me to give up looking and then buying more. Then it turns up.
  25. I'm starting to think a lottery win would come with the serious risk of me looking into immigration to Italy so I can eventually die smiling while I stuff one last bite of food down my gullet.
  26. And I'm a genius, genius...
  1. Load more activity